Holdsworth

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GaryR

Hi All
I'm trying to identify what model my Holdsworth is, the serial number is 040155 which I belive makes it from1982.
Any assistance would be great.

Attachments

• 20230527_124936.jpg
    20230527_124936.jpg
    386 KB · Views: 13

midlife

Guru
There's a Holdsworth numbering thread on Retrobike which might be of help, nice bike BTW :smile:

slow scot

Veteran
Hi All
I'm trying to identify what model my Holdsworth is, the serial number is 040155 which I belive makes it from1982.
Any assistance would be great.

1982 looks to be correct. If you Google “Holdsworth“ you’ll find a list of frame numbers and dates amongst other information. The year 1982 shows numbers 039401 to 047550.

midlife

Guru
Also Google nick Kilgarrif :smile:. He wrote a lot about Holdsworth and someone kindly kept his Web sites open after he passed away.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Looks tidy! Worth remembering tgat they also made one-off custom frames in those days as well as Claude Butlers, so it's often hard to know what you have!
It's not a 'Professional' that's for sure - wrong seat stays and tubing. It looks like Campagnolo running gear?
What are the hubs and wheel rims?
Close-up of the wheel droputs would be helpful.

http://nkilgariff.com/Models.htm

Last edited:

iandg

Legendary Member
Looks tidy! Worth remembering tgat they also made one-off custom frames in those days as well as Claude Butlers, so it's often hard to know what you have!
It's not a 'Professional' that's for sure - wrong seat stays and tubing. It looks like Campagnolo running gear?
What are the hubs and wheel rims?
Close-up of the wheel droputs would be helpful.

http://nkilgariff.com/Models.htm

This is the "Professional"
3880341379_c4290b7e00_c.jpg

iandg

Legendary Member
Lovely! In the proper colours too - lucky boy :-)
Is that a Tudor Jersey?

Lutz

My first proper bike - £70(?) second hand from Swinnertons in Fenton 1974

Top Bottom