Holiday 2013

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
I need help with finding a holiday destination for this summer.

Me, Mrs CP and Miss CP (5) need somewhere to go, so suggestions please. I only ask because I have never been on a kid's holiday, and have only ever holidayed as an adult (without kids) so need help finding something.

Criteria:

Sunny/hot, beach, 3-5 hours flying, no war zones, reasonably established and not eastern bloc, family orientated, quiet night life (relaxed - no Benidorm-esque resorts), low rise, waterpark with slides, easy access to cycle hire and countryside for me to do early morning rides.

Go.......:thumbsup:
 

Hover Fly

He, him, his
Location
阿爾弗斯頓
West coast of France, Lacanau, Cap Ferret* or Arcachon sort of area?

* Which is very disappointing to Yorkshiremen, with a distinct lack of both caps and ferrets.
 

MarkF

Squire
Location
Yorkshire
Barcelona. Parks, cable car, pools, a zoo, the beach, massive/long promenades, plenty of street life (day & night) and magical areas like El Gotic & Born will keep your nipper happy.

Want a "resort" day with sea hire stuff? Sitges is a low level, un-Beni-esque one, just a very short train ride away.

Road bikes at 15 euros for 24 hours. Normal bikes 1.50 euro/ph no minimum charge. :thumbsup:
 

addictfreak

Legendary Member
I went to Alcudia on Majorca a 'few' years back when the kids were young. Family friendly place, nice beaches with shallow water, I'm sure there's also a water park although we didn't visit it.
The down side I remember was the two hour transfer.
 

oldfatfool

Legendary Member
Guernsey or Jersey, no water park but plenty of swimming and Lidos in Jersey, some fantastic beaches especially on Sark.
 
Top Bottom