Holiday in Whitby?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
taximan

taximan

senex crepitu iuvenis cordi esse
You are so right!

I went to Whitby as a young man, in my 20s. I walked up the hill to take a look at its famous abbey and immediately started to sense a malevolent force acting upon me. Within minutes I was overpowered by fatigue and collapsed near a dry stone wall. I remained there motionless for hours, drifting in and out of consciousness. When I finally started to recover I discovered that I had aged nearly 40 years in just one afternoon. And evil locals had erected a sign to taunt me: "I am very old and crumbly"... The swines! Stay safe! Stay home! :eek:

View attachment 518559

That what I usually look like after a session at my local

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
The 21st century hasn't quite reached one gift shop there :stop:

Attachments

• 20190609_123146.jpg
    20190609_123146.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 19
OP
OP
taximan

taximan

senex crepitu iuvenis cordi esse
I recall one evening some years ago I had a young couple in my taxi and as often happened in Whitby, the conversation got around to the Count (Dracula).I couldn't resist a wind up and casually mentioned that the hotel they were staying at was once the residence of 'Lucy' one of the Counts victims. Before too long I had the young lady believing that not only were they staying in the same house as Lucy, they were also occupying the same room. After that she refused to go into the building until I had taken them back to the restaurant where they begged some for Garlic. I have often wondered since if I spoiled someone's honeymoon.

I recall one evening some years ago I had a young couple in my taxi and as often happened in Whitby, the conversation got around to the Count (Dracula).I couldn't resist a wind up and casually mentioned that the hotel they were staying at was once the residence of 'Lucy' one of the Counts victims. Before too long I had the young lady believing that not only were they staying in the same house as Lucy, they were also occupying the same room. After that she refused to go into the building until I had taken them back to the restaurant where they begged some for Garlic. I have often wondered since if I spoiled someone's honeymoon.

Well that's one way to extend the journey and bump up the fare.

Top Bottom