Holiday reports

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbb

Legendary Member
You all must be coming back now...so how was it, where was it, would you go back ?

2 weeks in Ichmeler, near Marmaris Turkey for me.
Resort itself, tidy, clean, better kept than resorts ive been to in Greece, but the beaches lacked good sand.
Boat trips, unelievable value. £16 a head for an all day trip, incuded a snack on boarding the boat, swimming stops, beach stops, a little entertainment, dinner, more swimming stops...awesome days for £16 a head !!!!!
The Turkish...fantastic people. I was a little nervous about that, but they're soooo friendly. Dance, entertain, have fun, they never stop..brilliant.

They work hard to sell in the markets and resturants, so you get a bit hassled by them, but i found it better to engage them with a smile and 'no thanks'...just dont get sucked in..and they seem to appreciate a smile and a little talk, rather than ignoring them.

Would i go back...like a shot, just not the same resort. I never do anyway, perhaps another resort further north.

Brilliant value as well. We spent £800 in 2 weeks. That included eating out every day (bar two), petrol for the car, trips, a little shopping, odds and sods etc etc, Thats the least i spent on holiday for a long time.

sheddy

Legendary Member
wot about the cycling ?

OP
OP
gbb

gbb

Legendary Member
sheddy said:
wot about the cycling ?

Non existent !!!!

Not one road bike....mind the temperatures were between the very high 30s and mid 40s all the time we were there. The very lowest temp was 30 degrees...and that was at night ;)
The only bikes were ridden by locals, loadsa cheap looking Bianchi MTBs and other unmetionables. Too hot to do anything other than freewheel :biggrin:

Melvil

Can anyone recommend somewhere on the east coast or north of Spain? Looks to be some really nice places/cities/towns there.

Its my 1st day back after a weeks cycle touring in Donegal.

Melvil said:
Can anyone recommend somewhere on the east coast or north of Spain? Looks to be some really nice places/cities/towns there.

Thoroughly recommed Girona, just north of Barcelona. Not too far from the southern Pyrenees and France, either. Good cycling to be had, great food and hospitality, weather - say no more, and lovely old towns and villages.

Ben

Nancy to Orleans via Chalons, Epernay, Troyes and Montargis on the bike, 376 miles in five days. Hard work as the first four days were unrelentingly hilly if not steep and I was often cycling into a westerly headwind. But superb food, good wine and champagne and, as ever, good interest and respect from the French. Next year somewhere round Arles I reckon...

(...off to Wales next week but not on the bike!)

nine bike free days in eastbourne. all sunny with rain at night. great place lots of walks. just got to watch out for the "retired" skaters racing up and down the prom and doing stunts, even in the dark covered in led lights!
some people never grow up.
highlight of the holiday was watching two foxes in a garden very close to the hotel and town centre.

Melvil

Dayvo;39212][quote name= said:

Thoroughly recommed Girona, just north of Barcelona. Not too far from the southern Pyrenees and France, either. Good cycling to be had, great food and hospitality, weather - say no more, and lovely old towns and villages.[/quote]

Cool - I take it Girona's near the coast, too. Sounds good, cheers for info ;)

postman

Legendary Member
Read in one Sunday paper many people.Mainly managers will not take holidays. Job too important have to be there for customer.What a lot of blah blah blah hope they turn up for the funeral.Just had a week near Battle red hot all week.Excellent ride Battle-t Leonards-Hastings-Battle .

Just had a few weeks at this place Sani Beach, Greece. One road in , then no cars , just mile of nature reserve.

I've been there loads, book direct with the hotel, get a BA flight to Thesoloniki.

Avoid the times when the English may be there in numbers and it is excellent.

Top Bottom