Home Baking -Protein / Energy / MRP

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ChrisBD

Does anyone have any tasy recipes for home made cake or bars; particularly ones that are higher in protein, little to no refined sugar or white flour?

juanpelota

Try this Chris, you can drop the brown sugar if needed.

Peanut Butter and Raising Energy bars

75g Brown Sugar
100g Crunchy Peanut Butter
25g Butter
75g Maple Syrup
50g Raisins
150g Corn Flakes
100g Milk Chocolate Melted

Gently melt the Peanut Butter, Syrup and Brown sugar in a saucepan.
Stir in the Raisins and cornflakes until covered.
Spread into a buttered tin and let cool,
Pour over the melted chocolate, leave to cool and cut into squares.

DELICIOUS!!!!!

I've got another which involves a few more healthy options and condensed milk, when the accountant gets home tonight I'll ask her what's she done with it, and post it on here later.

Juan

OP
OP
ChrisBD

ChrisBD

Cheers Juan; that certainly sounds lush; if a little "heavy" :-) for my waistline, I'll def give it a try....might substitute the sugar for protein powder and see what thats like?

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Whatever you do, dont try to cook something protein rich by adding whey powder, because its a massive money sink, since you de-nature the protein.

Flapjacks are one of the easy ones to make, just look up a general recipe and try it then modify it to suit your tastes.

zacklaws

Guru
Here's a recipe I posted earlier in some thread about porridge oats that I found on the internet:-

1 cup brown sugar (could be replaced with maltodextrin, glucose or fructose
2 cups granola (Needs to be Lizzi's Granola from Tesco's or Sainsburys as it can be quite hard to find)
1 cup chopped nuts
1 cup mixed fruit (raisins, sultana's etc)
2 eggs
2 tsps of vannila essence

Mix the eggs, brown sugar and vannila esscense together, add the rest of the ingredients and mix well. Flatten it out into a baking tray about 12inch by 8 inch and cook for 25 minutes at gas mark 3. Allow to cool and cut into bars, usually 12. Then I wrap them into tinfoil and freeze. About a third never make the fridge there that good. I cannot remember now though if it was 260 calories a bar or 260grm carb a bar I worked it out to be roughly.

Usually I eat half a bar every 10 miles and have found that they are better than a shop bought for giving you that kick to get you going as they seem to get into the body very quick as I seem to be fit as a fiddle within a couple of minutes of feeding on one, probably psycological.

If you do a search on the internet there is lots of recipes, but that is the most simplest I have found.

zacklaws

Guru
iZaP said:
Eurgh...I don't like the taste of peanut butter at all.

How will the bar taste at the end? :thumbsup:

Probably exactly the same as the opposite end that you ate first.

Top Bottom