home brewing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Klaus

Yes it was poor. I have had worse in my youth like Slalom D or Harp. Or Fosters is terrible nowadays.

I am sure I have seel Skol on sale not so long ago .... maybe I had one too many .... Another beer I remember is DD Double Diamond. It wasn't actually that bad but still didn't make it.

A quick and easy cider recipe is 'Turbo Cider !'
4.5 litres of apple juice, 1 teaspoon of yeast into a demijohn and wait 4 weeks.
Rack off into clean bottles and you have lovely 8% tradional cider !
Be warned don't drink it too quickly.

Thats pretty much what I do...Except I do it in 25 litre batches lol Lidls finest came out very well, have some morrisons 'yellow label' on the go ATM

Also have

3 Gallons Peach wine
2 Gallons Carrot 'whiskey'
1 Gallon Banana wine

Currently drinking an Elderberry wine, have 2 strengths done one as a wine and the 2nd as a very strong liquer type drink - good for mixing.

I only started last christmas with the home brew but am loving it, have noticed I hardly ever buy booze now. I may spend a reasonable amount ont he home brew stuff but its still a lot cheaper than just buying it.

Also luckily my LBS (Local Brew Shop lol!) is at the bottom of my street, and its only one of 2 in the area!

For anyone thinking of starting then I'd recommend a visit to Wilkinsons to get the basics, but then visit your LBS for your first beer/wine to start.

Arch

Married to Night Train
2 Gallons Carrot 'whiskey'

Is that the stuff that helps you see in the dark, just before you go blind?

;)

At St Nicks, we did our first apple pressing of the season last week, and now have 8 gallons of cider brewing. I've never followed the process right though, so it's all interesting, although I'm not a great cider drinker, beer is my thing.

Is that the stuff that helps you see in the dark, just before you go blind?

;)

At St Nicks, we did our first apple pressing of the season last week, and now have 8 gallons of cider brewing. I've never followed the process right though, so it's all interesting, although I'm not a great cider drinker, beer is my thing.

I've got no idea lol! I was looking for the peach wine recipe when I found a site that had the banana and the carrot on so I thought, why not! Its not a true whiskey of course and all the notes I found on it indicate I should leave it a year after bottling before drinking.

The cider is very good, I use it for my 'daily drink' and find it normally has a better taste than the professional brewed stuff. That said if I ever see 'Old Rosie' i always buy a pint lol

EDIT

The site:

www.zen37219.zen.co.uk/recipes.htm

Lots of good recipes on there for all kinds of stuff, Tea Wine anyone!

Top Bottom