Home Built lwb (Tour Easy clone)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fixedfixer

Veteran
Have been encouraged to share this new build. Not an original idea - plans and advice are freely available at Recycled Recumbents https://sites.google.com/site/recycledrecumbents/ Every detail is covered there - credit to A D Carson who shared everything there.

I've made a start on the frame and that's almost complete. Just the tricky bits now, like adding mounts for disc brakes and making the mounts and brackets for under seat steering etc. The welds in the pictures have not been ground down yet. Need a good outside day for that as the sparks tend to fly a bit.

1) Example of what I'm building.
uss unit.jpg

2) The bits to start the build.
Parts.jpg

3) First part - the front triangle.
front.jpg

4) Fitted rear triangle and bottom rails.
closedframe.jpg

5) Fabrication of the brake mounts.
brake.jpg

numbnuts

Legendary Member
Nice

OP
OP
fixedfixer

fixedfixer

Veteran
@Cycleops Clamp the parts in the 'workmate' and use a tight piece of string between the headtube and rear axle (both sides) then measure the distances and ensure it all lines up. Next have a brew. Stand back and take a long look, if everything looks great - stop. Make another brew. Now go back measure again. Stand back, give the alignment a good eyeball. Have another brew. Now ready to 'Mig' it together. (Helps to have the rear wheel in to eye it up from a distance). Worked on the Mk 1 so hopefully got it again this time. Cheers.

Last edited:
Stuee's not been around here for almost 10 months , hope he is well ! was hoping to move I believe !:hyper:

Top Bottom