Homebase anyone.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Legendary Member
Has anyone visited HOmebase lately.We called in today.First time for months.It has changed its gone more depot than dept Ours has gone all packing as much in ,in a sort of dumping it in rather than staging a look if that makes sense,it's lost its nice look,but prices are cheaper,pile it high and sell it cheap.Anyone else noticed their HOmebase changing.

Homebase are in dire financial straits. They have gone downmarket in an attempt to cut costs and increase profitability. Many stores have been closed. All this predated the virus, so make the most of it while you can. They may not be around much longer.

Reactions: C R

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
They're owned by an Australian company, Bunnons, now, not part of the Sainsburys group.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Ours has closed down years ago and is now replaced by B&M which is the equivalent of Woolworth really. Plenty of choice and reasonable prices.

OP
OP
postman

postman

Legendary Member
I use HOmebase cos I can walk there in twenty mins.I also use a local hardware shop,keeping small shops open.But they don't do plywood,which was needed to cover the holes left in the kitchen units while fixing the hot water bypass yesterday.I glued the two panels back in not going to put a screw through a pipe,I am not that stupid,well maybe.

OldShep

Über Member
Must be 3 years since I’ve been to Homebas. The place changed after the Australian ownership and I could no longer get what I’d gone in for. Do a couple of visits like that and you stop going.

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Used to be the only local DIY shop, and not a good one at that. Recent years have seen a Wickes within 1/4 mile of it. Went in Homebase for the first time in ages to buy paint, simply because Wickes didn't have a tin of it.

Mike_P

Guru
Under Bunnings the one nearest me was so dimly lit it almost felt that a torch was necessary. Thought it had picked up under the current ownership, certainly the lights have been turned up but often merely shows up clearly poorly filled floorspace.

Mrs M

Guru
Local Homebase was our go to place for bedding plants, paint, etc,etc.
I could walk round on a Saturday morning when Mr M was on the golf course and buy plants galore ^_^
Sadly closed a while back and supposedly opening soon as Aldi?

Our local Homebase rebranded as a Bunnings store after the takeover. It didn't really seem to make that much difference to product availability.
Now its back to being branded as Homebase. It doesn't seem to make much difference to product availability......

Top Bottom