homemade pasta

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Stage 3 will be binning it and popping down to the co-op

Uncle Mort said:
It's really hard (for me at least) to roll it consistently thin enough for tortellini and ravioli. If I do it by hand it's either far too thick or I get holes in it. At least you get a consistent end result with the machine. But having said that I rarely do it...

Get some sizing sticks. Just two thin pieces of wood or plastic. Set them either side of the dough and roll away, you cant go wrong.

OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
It's now lying in state having been rolled out. I'm going to buy some just in case - I have a funny feeling it's not going to be a success.

barq

rich p said:
Anyway, I'm up to my ears in flour, I've just got my hands clean after a comedy, sticky 10 minutes with the dough either stcuk firmly to one or both my hands.

Yeah, that sounds familiar. I promise you that after a few goes it gets a lot less messy. Good luck. :smile:

OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I've just boiled a bit to test it. It seems ok! I think I've cracked it. The acid test is Mrs rich p's reaction though. She's quite nice to me usually in case she shatters my confidence in the kitchen.

Barq, do you use special flour? I just used the stuff in the cupboard but the recipe said to use 00.

HelenD123

Guru
A friend made me very yummy stuffed pasta recently so I'd definitely recommend the home made version:tongue:. I must get him to show me how to do it. RichP - what did the Mrs think to yours?

OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
She loved it - no kidding! I'm definitely going to experiment a bit more. I bought some 00 flour today for a start. For me, the only probably was that it looked a bit grey in appearance. It didn't matter apart from the aesthetics.

Top Bottom