Homework

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User169

Chuffy said:
Not to mention that football is a team sport, which adds another layer of complexity and making the use of drugs less effective, as you'd need to dope the entire squad.

That's not unknown - try reading Tony Cascarino's account of his time at Marseille and Bernard Tapie's antics. Talking of Tapie, doesn't that bring us back to cycling....?

Tetedelacourse

Tetedelacourse said:
I might attempt some shoogly research along these lines next week if I have time, and will post back if there's anything of interest.

Bloody hell this is difficult.

So far I've looked through the FA's charter on drug testing and nowhere does it mention the number of players tested. It does however state that blood doping is prohibited, which is contrary to belief in some quarters.

I also came across a piece of independent research from 2003 (:ohmy: can't find more recent, yet...) which stated that football has more tests than any other sport, but due to the number of players, this equates to around 1 drug test per player every 3 seasons!

Still looking...;)

Tetedelacourse

Wimbledon 2006

In singles matches, male and female, 171 drug tests were carried out over a total of 253 matches. Which is 68% of matches played. They use the standard WADA approved list of prohibited substances, same as the premiership. There were a few positive A tests from what I could see but no positive Bs. Don't remember hearing about any of those though.

Thanks for that Chuffy. Are you going to rise to the challenge and work out the precise fraction of a percent of athletics medal winners have been exposed as cheats? We all need a hobby for the long winter nights.

Top Bottom