Hooked!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Last week, we found a MTB in a skip and (with the owner’s permission) brought him home with us! It’s just an Apollo but today I went for my first MTB ride and it was FANTASTIC! I’m hooked!

(Hoping Santa brings me something prettier and lighter)

B8B8B960-2538-4158-A468-C06078F44A1A.jpeg

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Great stuff and just in time for winter mud plugging I see

Globalti

Legendary Member
I can never forget my first ride on a mountain bike, it was in 1987 and the bike was a Raleigh Maverick, white and yellow with red decals. I thought it was fantastic and I was amazed at what it could do, everything my poor old roadsters could never do. The first time I rode it I felt so knackered that I didn't touch it again for a few weeks but gradually I caught the bug and for the next 21 years I was absolutely fanatical about mountain biking.

ChrisEyles

Guru
Nice! I have a picture of the first proper ride I took on my first MTB - I've got exactly the same big grin as you have there :smile: Never looked back since!

tom73

Guru
:welcome:

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
Last week, we found a MTB in a skip and (with the owner’s permission) brought him home with us! It’s just an Apollo but today I went for my first MTB ride and it was FANTASTIC! I’m hooked!

(Hoping Santa brings me something prettier and lighter)

View attachment 557132

Prettier and lighter? Doesn't look too bad to me.

Ooops, you are talking about the bike, aren't you? :blush::blush::blush::blush::blush:

Last edited:

LJR69

Awesome! The great thing about the bike you have at the moment is it cost you nothing, is not brand new, and so if it gets some knocks and scrapes (and it will) no harm done.

Btw, keep your eye out for a good deal on used mountain bikes. There are plenty around.

Shred safe!

Top Bottom