Hooray!!! I'm allowed back on!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Finally!!! Have not been on my bike since beginning of june. First wasn't allowed because of a mini-op that got me banned for several weeks and as soon as I got over that I got a really nasty chest infection which somehow seemed to half my peak flow reading from what it should have been and left me coughing non-stop. Anyway, been to docs again today and readings are slowly creeping back up although still low (also chest x-ray fine and almost stopped coughing) - and she told me I can go back on the bike as it will only help my poor battered lungs recover! Hooray!!! :rolleyes: Can't wait to get the pump out and take poor neglected Simon for a spin tomorrow - watching the TDF just made my withdrawal symptoms worse!!! :blush:

Enjoy Punkypossum! I dread to think what sort of state I'll be in when I eventually start riding again - I've started smoking since the last time I was on a bike regularly. :blush: You lot are inspiring me to get out there and rediscover what I enjoyed about it.

Shaun

Founder
I'll have to get the time sorted on the forums ... makes your last post look wrong :blush: :thumbsup: :rolleyes:

dub-no-bass

Good news punky! I bet you are chuffed to bits. Do you really have a bike called Simon? That's the name of one of my cats, and one of my best mates. Good name.

I'm having both jaws broken and reset next month and am probably not going to be allowed to cycle for about 3 months afterwards in case I fall off :blush: :rolleyes: :thumbsup:

Might have to get a turbo trainer..

Mortiroloboy

Hi Punky! I'm suffering with some awful summer cold thing at the mo' lost my voice completely last Friday, then got it back, very sore throat, that has gone now, but head full of snot and feeling under the weather/listless.
Haven't been on the bike in a week as I find it an effort just going about my work/day to day stuff, don't want to get on the bike only to have to turn back after 5 miles cos I feel cream crackered.

TdF just making things worse, On lates for next couple of days so no chance of watching the Highlights on Sky.

Weekend will be good tho' into the Mountains! My favourite stages. Hopefully I'll be feeling more like a ride by then. :?:

frog

Fantastic PunkyP! Remember to take it a bit at a time. Keep us posted on the progress. I've PM'd you a huge slice of chocolate cake to help build up the muscles :?:

yenrod

punkypossum]Finally!!! Have not been on my bike since beginning of june. First wasn said:

I dont have any ailmentss unlike yourself but watching the tour makes me...

Want to do more when I want to but cant !!!!!!!!! - Work and such like...[/b]

Top Bottom