Hooray!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I've actually been out for a proper ride! I know that's nothing special for you lot, but I'm very much a lapsed cyclist and I can't remember the last time I went out for a decent ride. Yesterday I rode from Monmouth to Wigmore (40 miles) to see some friends, then rode 5 miles to the pub, then rode back again today. I can hardly stand up now, but I managed to do each way in just under three hours, which I'm quite pleased with. It's odd how a degree of fitness remains even after a long layoff.

well done!

i realised today that i can't see a time in the near future when i'll be riding. the desire has gone.

I haven't had a decent ride since August last year. Various reasons, being busy with work and the house mainly. I'm starting to wonder if I'll ever feel up to it again, let alone be capable of knocking out a century without a bit of a run up. :smile:

Well done RT, keep it up and you'll be surprised how much faster/fitter you feel.

Slowgrind

Well done RT. Looked at my bike today and there is green stuff growing in all the nooks and crannies. I`m desperate for a new bike. Present mount is twenty to thirty years old, and it feels like it when I ride it! New years resolution "Get new Bike and get out on it"!

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
nice to hear rhythm thief. perhaps the returned karma for pointing me to this place back in july…

before long you'll be working out your passed/passed by ratio, just like the rest of us.

Dave5N

Über Member
I don't have time to ride very often. I started racing to make me try and do a bit more, but I'm too crap for even 4th Cat. these days and I don't really fancy testing.

Ideas, anyone?

Keith Oates

Janner
Well done RT, hope that was the first of many this year.

Dave5N, set yourself a target to do so much each week and then go for it. That should help to get the ball rolling again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

purpleR

Guru
Yay, well done you! I was back on my bike today for the first time in 2 1/2 months after crashing and busting my shoulder. It's a good feeling.

snorri

Legendary Member
I have done more cycling in the last 3 months than I did in the summer months. I don't mind pulling on the clothing in winter to ward off the seasonal weather, but I had no inclination to wear bad weather gear to combat the weather we had last summer.:evil:

Top Bottom