Hope road bikes ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Just picked a Hope road bike up locally but a quick Google doesn't bring up much in the way of information apart from one picture on the cycling weekly site from the 2010 bike show anyone have any information ?

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Looks like a Team Hope Factory Racing re-badged Pinarello. It'll date from about 2012. I do know a rider in north Leeds who rode for them.

OP
OP
PMarkey

PMarkey

Guru
Interesting , I did think it had a bit of a Pinarello look to it :blink: but it never crossed my mind that it might actually be a Pinarello . the seller did mention that it had been raced a couple of times by someone high up at Hope but I forget who .

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Yes,they also had a road team according to Google it just never occured to me that the bike might actually be a possible ex team bike.

They weren't available commercially so it'll have come from the Hope team at some point although it looks to have lost the original Hope wheels. The photo here gives you an idea of who from their men's road team had them: https://www.britishcycling.org.uk/article/roa20120208-Team-Launch--Hope-Factory-Racing-0

Depending what you paid it should be a decent buy.

20120208-Hope-Factory-Racing-Team-Launch_560.jpg

raleighnut

Legendary Member
They weren't available commercially so it'll have come from the Hope team at some point although it looks to have lost the original Hope wheels. The photo here gives you an idea of who from their men's road team had them: https://www.britishcycling.org.uk/article/roa20120208-Team-Launch--Hope-Factory-Racing-0

Depending what you paid it should be a decent buy.

View attachment 518351
Possibly someone removed the original Hope wheels cos they thought someone was following them with a footy rattle every time they stopped pedalling. :whistle:

figbat

Slippery scientist
I did think it slightly ironic that a Hope bike was running DT Swiss wheels.

Gunk

Guru
Very nice, looks like a Pinarello Dogma 65.1 Think 2 frame from around 2012/2013 looks very similar to mine. £500 was an absolute bargain, it’s worth at least twice that, perhaps even more.

It was probably sold off by the team minus the wheels and groupset. My ex team Sky frame came with the bars, stem, seat stem and saddle.

Last edited:
Top Bottom