Horror Story

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Milo

Guru
I got my little finger stuck in a beltsander.
Tore the nail off and a chunk of the tip.
They tried a skin graft to encourage the nail to grow back however it failed. Now just get a small amount of growth on the sides but not the middle which is annoying as it tends to get caught caught of fabric etc.

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
I found RR's stapler incident quite harrowing in the retelling:eek:

Try cutting you own leg off and then we'll talk.:biggrin::biggrin:

I shall admit that not two nights ago, I bent down to smell the delicious aroma of my daughter's dinner and burnt my foreHEAD on the kettle that had just boiled!!:blush:

Night Train

Maker of Things
There was a furniture student, some 8 years ago at my college, who was doing that thing where you put your hand on the table and stab the table between your fingers very quickly. He was messing about doing it with an air stapler that had 50mm glued staples in it (the sort of thing used for building furniture frames for upholstery) but not firing the staples. Then it fired one through his thumb.

The teacher had to chisel a chunk out of the work bench and send him to hospital with it still attached to his thumb.

gbb

Legendary Member
Ok...you asked for it xx(

Its a long story, so i'll condense it for your entertainment ..

Climbing over a fence, i posted myself (sledgehammer force) between the nuts and my anus, laid in the grass for a while not sure whether to, or if i could get up, and then struggled a few hundred metres home.
Wife opened the door to see me ashen, with the crotch of my trousers covered in blood.
Ambulance called, arrived in hospital to have the further agony and indignity of a nurse sticking her finger up my arse to assess the internal damage.
Surgeons called, tubes stuck in my willy (further agony)...and waiting to go for surgery, i went through spasms of what i can only call the worst pain i ever felt....but there was worse pain to come, although i wouldnt have believed it at that time.
As the pain spasmed, i pissed blood...it really was like a horror story.
The stench of blood and urine mixed together is most unusual..i never smelled it before, yet once in a while (30 years later) i get a faint sensation of that smell. Its not me (honest)...i think my minds playing tricks :biggrin:

So, 6 hours of surgery, then recovery in hospital for two weeks. Recovery !!!! Bloody agony :biggrin:
When they came to take out the tubes, the catheter was stitched in my bladder...only the nurse trying to pulll it out didnt know that. Laying there, feeling like your guts are being slowly drawn out :smile:...not nice.
So she goes and gets a senior doctor, who twists the tube round and round trying to free it.
BANG !!!!!!! When it went, i must have screamed, went into panic breathing and completely lost control. It felt like a lightning bolt in my stomach.
When they finished they pulled back the curtains...i swear the other patients were whiter than i already was :biggrin::biggrin: I never saw men look so scared or worried.
2 weeks in hospital, 2 months off work, light duties for weeks and weeks, partial loss of bladder control for about 5 years (it's ok now, i dont smell :biggrin: )

I still get (30 years later) a sore prostate quite easily, and i have a nice neat parting in my pubes :biggrin:

The scary thing is....the doc says the repair will eventually need looking at...oh sweet Jesus :wacko:

papercorn2000

Mr Pig said:
My sister burned her eyeball with curling tongs. She had a little brown scab on her eyeball :0)

I had a girlfriend who was practically blind in one eye. As a 3 year old, she had fallen on a glass coffee table and punctured her eyeball. She has a 10mm scar on her eyeball just on the edge of the iris.

longers

Legendary Member
papercorn2000 said:
I had a girlfriend who was practically blind in one eye. As a 3 year old, she had fallen on a glass coffee table and punctured her eyeball. She has a 10mm scar on her eyeball just on the edge of the iris.

An ex-girlfriends sister was lucky not to be blind in one eye, she was cycling along with pencils in her hand and stopped a bit quick. That was a bit messy.

gbb said:
Ok...you asked for it :wacko:

THAT, takes the biscuit! :smile:xx(

I was writhing and squirming in empathetic pain! Fukkin 'ell! You poor POOR bugger!

That'll teach you to get pissed and try and take a short cut! :biggrin:

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
A friend moved into her new house and spent the day taking up layers of old britle lino. She wore safety glasses as in places there were nails etc in the floor that needed to be removed with a crowbar and caused shards of lino, wood etc to fly up.

Job done, she took the glasses off, bent over the coffee table to put them down and stabbed her eye on the point of a flap on an open box of chocolates...

gbb

Legendary Member
Baggy said:
A friend moved into her new house and spent the day taking up layers of old britle lino. She wore safety glasses as in places there were nails etc in the floor that needed to be removed with a crowbar and caused shards of lino, wood etc to fly up.

Job done, she took the glasses off, bent over the coffee table to put them down and stabbed her eye on the point of a flap on an open box of chocolates...

:biggrin::biggrin: The irony !!!!

buggi

Bird Saviour
Mr Pig said:
Oh no, that's a terrible story Buggi, really sad :0( It's hard to believe that the people in charge could be so stupid. Poor guys.

yep, one of those programmes that plays on your mind for a few days after

gbb said:
Ok...you asked for it :smile:

Climbing over a fence, i posted myself (sledgehammer force) between the nuts and my anus...

similar story. my brother is a children's nurse and they brought some poor kid in with 3 metal fence posts/spikes embedded in his chest wall. kid had been climbing the fence and slipped. a copper had held the kid up for over an hour while the fire brigade cut through the spikes.

when they x-ray'd the kid, the middle spike was 3mm away from his heart, having skimmed up the side of his aorta. the reckon if the copper hadn't held him up for an hour he would have been a gonner!

Top Bottom