Horse vs Bicycle: result

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Which is better, horses or bicycles.
The Olympic Pentathalon Committee has thought long and hard on this matter and reached a conclusion: Bicycles are better than horses.

Following the punchup between a horse and a German rider in which the horse lost, the committee has relegated horses to the glue factory and all future Olympic Pentathalons will feature bicycles instead of horses in the showjumping event.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
If they also ditch the fencing, swimming and running it will be a really good sport.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Which is better, horses or bicycles.
The Olympic Pentathalon Committee has thought long and hard on this matter and reached a conclusion: Bicycles are better than horses.

Following the punchup between a horse and a German rider in which the horse lost, the committee has relegated horses to the glue factory and all future Olympic Pentathalons will feature bicycles instead of horses in the showjumping event.
I assumed this was a joke, but it’s true.
That’s totally changed the sport, it’s a odd decision.

Drago

Legendary Member
Many moons ago I once witnessed some chump needlessly revving her Ford Fiasco as she was impatiently trying to get past a horse. The horse reared, threw its rider, and then fell sideways across the bonnet of impatient twots car. Naturally, 800kg of mature big boy horse did the Fester a serious amount of no good, I suspect probably writing the car off.

I'd like to see a cyclist do that much damage to an impatient motorists car. Therefore, horses are better.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Is there not an organised cross country event held most years between horses and runners? Can't remember where.

This one I think from googlingl

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Man_versus_Horse_Marathon

My wife took part in that when It was the extended 24 mile course. It’s a tough route , she decided she was going to finish it, because she didn’t want to have to come back to try it again.

Donger

Convoi Exceptionnel
Many moons ago I once witnessed some chump needlessly revving her Ford Fiasco as she was impatiently trying to get past a horse. The horse reared, threw its rider, and then fell sideways across the bonnet of impatient twots car. Naturally, 800kg of mature big boy horse did the Fester a serious amount of no good, I suspect probably writing the car off.

I'd like to see a cyclist do that much damage to an impatient motorists car. Therefore, horses are better.
You haven't met me, @Drago. I'm sure I'd write off a Fiesta if I landed on it.

Top Bottom