Hot news.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
I have just read on a French website that the next James Bond is going to be a woman. What are they going to call her then: Jamie Bond? Janette Bond ?

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
I have just read on a French website that the next James Bond is going to be a woman.
Apparently not, from what I read the other day; they just reassigned the 007 number to her. The real James Bond is still a bloke.

Quote from article:
'However, traditionalists can relax: she's not the new Bond, but a new character who takes over his secret agent number after he leaves MI6.

The story begins with Bond retired in Jamaica. But spymaster M – played by Ralph Fiennes – calls him back in desperation to tackle a new global crisis.

A movie insider said: 'There is a pivotal scene at the start of the film where M says 'Come in 007', and in walks Lashana who is black, beautiful and a woman.

'It's a popcorn-dropping moment. Bond is still Bond but he's been replaced as 007 by this stunning woman.'

Last edited:
Thingy Broccoli is on record as saying Bond will never be a woman. Perhaps they're thinking of a spin off or perhaps it's a bit of tokenism. Bond needs another refresh now. When the Bourne series came out it made Bond look old and dated and they moved to copy it but now Bourne looks old and dated and whatever they do after Craig needs to be different.

cookiemonster

Legendary Member
If the rumours are true, two things are guaranteed to happen. 1) as a self confessed Bond geek, I don't really care what sex/colour she is, as long as she is a good Bond and 2) all the incels on 8Chan/Twitter will have a fit and it won't be pretty.

MI6 has used female operatives for ages. Their man in Hanoi during 1960s was an lady spy (Daphne Margaret Sybil Désirée Park, Baroness Park of Monmouth CMG, OBE, FRSA) .

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
If they have to recycle 007. Does that mean they have had 1006 secret agent. But maybe they dont use 666 so maybe there has only been 1005.

A female 007 maniser..... Nah

Top Bottom