Housework!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

domtyler

Über Member
:biggrin:

Getting on top of the housework is just seemingly impossible at the moment. We gave up the cleaner when the missus left work to start maternity leave and we are still on one and a half incomes so don't really want to start employing other people again yet.

And yet it is just driving me mad!! Almost the whole of the weekend has been taken up with cleaning, tidying and scrubbing and the place still looks like a tip! :laugh:

It doesn't help having a one year old about I guess who is far more efficient at making mess than I am at cleaning it up.

Please tell me your place is worse!

longers

Legendary Member
I spend more time cleaning up after the dog, hoovering, wiping walls, more hoovering, a bit of dusting than I ever do cleaning up after myself.

So come Mondays, what happens? I go to work to earn enough to buy her some Eukanuba. And she does what exactly? Rod all! Lies around sleeping and shedding hairs all day. She doesn't think to start my tea off or even run the hoover round. Zilch! Lazy bitch :biggrin:.

Keith Oates

Janner
One advantage of living alone most of the time, I only have to clear up my own mess which is not so bad, ironing can be a drag at times but when it's finished the satisfaction pays for the effort!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maz

Guru
domtyler said:

Getting on top of the housework is just seemingly impossible at the moment. We gave up the cleaner when the missus left work to start maternity leave and we are still on one and a half incomes so don't really want to start employing other people again yet.

And yet it is just driving me mad!! Almost the whole of the weekend has been taken up with cleaning, tidying and scrubbing and the place still looks like a tip! :laugh:

It doesn't help having a one year old about I guess who is far more efficient at making mess than I am at cleaning it up.

My place is worse.
My kids are like slugs leaving a trail of toys and bits of food behind them. The youngest is still in nappies while the other 2 fight like cat n dog. It's a job and a half cleaning up after them and keeping the house looking half decent. Remember that picture of my TV I put in your other thread? There's a blanking plate on the front of the VCR to stop lego bricks and biscuits being fed into it!

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Maz said:
My place is worse.
My kids are like slugs leaving a trail of toys and bits of food behind them. The youngest is still in nappies while the other 2 fight like cat n dog. It's a job and a half cleaning up after them and keeping the house looking half decent. Remember that picture of my TV I put in your other thread? There's a blanking plate on the front of the VCR to stop lego bricks and biscuits being fed into it!

You're lucky it's just a trail of toys and food!!!!:biggrin:

Dave5N

Über Member
I'm with RT on this. Our house is a tip, but the clubrun today was great and the lad's bike is now spotless.

It's all about priorities. If you don't like my house, fine, get out.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
domtyler said:

Yes definately worse ... I have 3 that produce huge tons of mess, dirty clothes, expect food to appear, and as they are older also seem to have a social life/activities to revolve around. Trying to get them to help is almost impossible ... the only hold I have over them is computer time.

Well today is the start of half term and they are behind on their chores ... I think they are expecting to get on the computer or Wii machine - NO WAY:evil: till they have done a bit around the house. (They seem to think that makes them slave labour!!!:blush:)

I don't like spotless places anyway... they look cold and souless ... I would just prefer to be able to walk from one side of the room to the other only treading on the carpet!

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
i have a pet theory that women think all other women's houses are spottlessly tidy, because when they know a female friend/relative is coming round, they tidy up like mad things. i remember a conversation with mrs alecetc which contained the line "well claire's house is never this untidy", the claire in question being a friend ours and former collegue of mine. so anyway, i'm round claires on my own one day fixing her computer, and guess what, her house was like ours usually is. she obviously wasn't bothered about a man seeing it untidy, only another woman.

mrsalecetc will have none of it though :biggrin:

Tetedelacourse

I subscribe to that theory too ATED.

The WORST though is birthday parties. Our eldest is 3 in 2 weeks time and of course the place has to be spotless because all the other mums are coming along. So work like a dog to get it to showhome standard and then stand back for, ooh, say, 30 seconds and then watch as it is infested, plundered, vandalised, smeared, etc etc etc. So you have to do it all again. And when you ask if kid enjoyed her party?

"can I watch a film now please?"

ARGH!

ChrisKH

Guru
summerdays said:
Yes definately worse ... I have 3 that produce huge tons of mess, dirty clothes, expect food to appear, and as they are older also seem to have a social life/activities to revolve around. Trying to get them to help is almost impossible ... the only hold I have over them is computer time.

Well today is the start of half term and they are behind on their chores ... I think they are expecting to get on the computer or Wii machine - NO WAY:evil: till they have done a bit around the house. (They seem to think that makes them slave labour!!!:smile:)

I don't like spotless places anyway... they look cold and souless ... I would just prefer to be able to walk from one side of the room to the other only treading on the carpet!

I've probably got all that to look forward to. With an eight and a five year old it's always messy (except the kitchen) and it looks likely to stay that way until they leave home. C'est la Vie. I draw the line at a messy garage though. I try to keep it in order otherwise doing bike maintenance is a no-go. Wifey keeps creeping stuff in and blocking all my work surfaces up. :blush:

Arch

Married to Night Train
Housework? Wassat?

Nah, I like my kitchen to be clean (although the greasy and tomatoey splatters on the hob top often get a little out of hand and have to be scrubbed off), and if I can't find the top of the dining table to put my dinner down, I have a tidy up, but otherwise I just have a grand clean every couple of months or so. Well, maybe 6 months...

And I never do any ironing.

Top Bottom