drive or cycle

• drive

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • cycle

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • dunno

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jonathan ellis

is it okay to ask the family to ride near 33 miles in 1 day when the furthest they've done is 12?

it'll be spread over 6 hours and I'll be towing the wee one so its just the other half (dont want to put her off and all that)

other choice is driving in to town and doing it from there - which just seems wrong

what say yee

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
She'll thank you for it eventually, when she has thighs like smoooth wood and calves that look like they were lovingly hewn from marble by renaissance Italian craftsmen. And you get extra exercise from towing the littl'un. A win-win situation. ;)

jonathan ellis said:
is it okay to ask the family to ride near 33 miles in 1 day when the furthest they've done is 12?

it'll be spread over 6 hours and I'll be towing the wee one so its just the other half (dont want to put her off and all that)

other choice is driving in to town and doing it from there - which just seems wrong

what say yee

Speaking with some experience I think you'll be fine if the weather is good and your route is half decent. The only problem is that when inexperienced cyclists get tired they get tired very quicly. A small stash of bananas, energy bars or drinks might not go amiss.

Are you near any of the collecting points? I saw the LCC organised rides in to the centre of town for the TdF and the pace was extraordinarily relaxed. It might help you other half if you can tag along.

OP
OP
jonathan ellis

jonathan ellis

hes six, he'll be fine.

We are thinking of taking the Train to Paddington and Cycle from there as its mostly through Royal Parks.

We also got the free pack, and have already played the supllied "Cyling Top Trumps":smile:

its say make some noise through the tunnels - so i'll pump up by Airzound to bursting

Top Bottom