How can I find an old mobile number ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ozboz

Guru
Hiya , In 2007 I changed my mobile number and provider from Tmobile to Vodafone , which hasn't been a problem untill recently , Its an issue with apple ID , I was trying to change my app ID password and to do this it was asking for the number I originally signed in with , which is is Tmobile one , so I have tried all sorts of ways to recover it , even asking old friends and relations if they may have had it scrawled down in some old phone book, I am now with EE which was Tmobile but they are not much help , there is a lot of info stored on icloud that I need , its really frustrating , Apple are not being much help either , when I speak to their call center it all goes round in circles ,
Any ideas anyone ?

PaulSB

Legendary Member
I can't recall the details as I managed to avoid doing this but I think Apple have a fairly long winded solution.

Go online, do the forgot password option which from memory also gives a "forgot Apple ID" option, chose this. There will come a message which effectively tells you Apple have to check the account and will be in touch in x number of days. Sorry to be vague but as I didn't have to use the option I can't say more.

It's a nightmare though, we were recently asked for our address from 38 years ago. Road name was easy but the house number took weeks to recall.

OP
OP
ozboz

ozboz

Guru
I can't recall the details as I managed to avoid doing this but I think Apple have a fairly long winded solution.

Go online, do the forgot password option which from memory also gives a "forgot Apple ID" option, chose this. There will come a message which effectively tells you Apple have to check the account and will be in touch in x number of days. Sorry to be vague but as I didn't have to use the option I can't say more.

It's a nightmare though, we were recently asked for our address from 38 years ago. Road name was easy but the house number took weeks to recall.

Well , did that and now Apple is telling me that the ID is non existent !
I give up !
Im going to go to Apple in Kingston today , see if they can help ,

simonali

Guru
And here, ladies and gentlemen, is one of the many reasons for avoiding Apple.

I acknowledge that this is not of much help, but any opportunity to slag off Crapple is a win in my book!

Skibird

Hiya , In 2007 I changed my mobile number and provider from Tmobile to Vodafone , which hasn't been a problem untill recently , Its an issue with apple ID , I was trying to change my app ID password and to do this it was asking for the number I originally signed in with , which is is Tmobile one , so I have tried all sorts of ways to recover it , even asking old friends and relations if they may have had it scrawled down in some old phone book, I am now with EE which was Tmobile but they are not much help , there is a lot of info stored on icloud that I need , its really frustrating , Apple are not being much help either , when I speak to their call center it all goes round in circles ,
Any ideas anyone ?
Your bank might be a possible option, if they hold on to info, or an old employer that would have had your mobile?

rikki

Legendary Member
Have you tried (thought about) looking for any documents or application forms dating from before 2007? You probably don't have copies, or you would have tried to find them already. But what about people you do business with? Your employer (at that time), your doctor, insurance agent. Their files may include your old phone number. Someone with paper records will be the best chance. Your dentist?

si_c

Guru
It might be worth reminding Apple that they have an obligation under the GDPR to ensure you have access to your data.

classic33

Leg End Member
Any ideas anyone ?
You pay by DD?
See if your bank has the old T-Mobile account number still on record. Go to EE with that.

OP
OP
ozboz

ozboz

Guru
Thanks for reply's , more of a nuance than anything ,

Top Bottom