How can this possibly be a 'ladies' bike...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
A ladies bike is supposed to be a step through although I see them and all bikes as not being gender specific. This is based on them not being gender specific. I would have bought a step through electric bike if one had been available on ebay at the right price. As I often have a chainsaw in my rear pannier I am always catching my foot on it and sometimes falling over which I don't appreciate.

DRM

Guru
According to picture 7 the logo says on the frame, Road Cycling Easy Women, perhaps it’s intended for the cycle to work scheme, for certain, erm,industries shall we say

DRM

Guru
Now sensible head on it’s good to see that perhaps it’s a good attempt to offer a starter road bike that could be a better fit for some women, with the caveats that some further fine tuning in fit will be necessary regardless of gender

byegad

Legendary Member

Jimidh

Veteran
Like with any bike, you still have to sit on it. My wife has a small ladies hybrid, but an XS mens MTB. Reach is also a factor. Doesn't always apply as some women fit better on a 'mens' bike, hence go sit on one.
This!

My wife has short arms so Xs men’s bikes don’t fit her but Women’s bikes do. Just a case of trying bikes and seeing what fits.

D

Deleted member 1258

For women's beginner road bike read sales blurb, just another way to try and sell bikes, being a bit of a short arse that bike would suit me, and it doesn't sound too bad for a basic bike.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
As @dave r says it’s just marketing by Decathlon and a pretty smart move it is too. Far fewer women ride bikes than men and by offering a budget priced mount to lure them they’re hoping for an increase in participation by the fairer sex which may lead them to upgrading to another bike, hopefully also from Decathlon.

Wookee

I am 8 inches taller than my wife, but we have the same leg length - which is great for the car as the seat never has to move back and forth. Works sort of on my bikes too as the standover height is quite high. She likes a comfier seat and a lower saddle height to help with the reach so has her own saddle on a seatpost that I just put onto whichever one she is riding.

I'm reasonably certain that if I pointed her in the direction of a step through and basket I'd...errr.... be in trouble:whistle:

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
Good job the saddle has a massive canyon in the middle once the poor unsuspecting buyer tries to reach the massively too wide 40cm handlebars and gives herself numb bits,

the same width of bar that appears on all 3 bike sizes 💩

Top Bottom