How CC paid for?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lizban

Not prying for amounts or specfics, but I am interested in how CC makes money in order to pay for itself?

Is it self funding through adverts / shop etc or a labour of love?

PS how do you edit a thread title?

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
To edit a thread title, Admin/mods can do that. Report your post asking what you need changing.

No doubt Shaun will answer the payment question.
Though early last year CC did have a funds drive.
Also check out the support CC link below the CC Logo.

Wigsie

Nincompoop
ianrauk said:
To edit a thread title, Admin/mods can do that. Report your post asking what you need changing.

No doubt Shaun will answer the payment question.
Though early last year CC did have a funds drive.
Also check out the support CC link below the CC Logo.

Yes one of our members decided to pose with just a packet of cheese crisps hiding his manhood and the picture was left there until people donated...

The money flooded in, but there were multiple casualties! xx(xx(;)

Shaun

Founder
I currently fund it with money from a separate enterprise, although I have plans to make it self-funding in the future.

I did a donation drive last year to get us over a rough patch because my other enterprise wasn't able to take up the slack for a while, but since then have reviewed the funding of the site and as part of the move to new software plan to develop more revenue streams.

It is my intention to always keep the forums advertisement free, and I hope to be able to do this by creating a complimentary marketplace on the site where traders can advertise, and members can browse/buy (it's still very much on the drawing board though!!).

Regardless of funding, it is very much a labour of love. It's also much more than just an online forum - there's a great real-world aspect to it with the many rides and get togethers, as well as the heads-up for events and cycling happenings that bring us together off-line. Lots of us have made a great many friends through CC and learned a lot about cycling and life as a result.

<Passes around the hankies so we can all have a jolly good cry>

I'll have to stop there as my speech has got all wet and I can't read the rest ... lol ;)

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Admin said:
I currently fund it with money from a separate enterprise, although I have plans to make it self-funding in the future.

I did a donation drive last year to get us over a rough patch because my other enterprise wasn't able to take up the slack for a while, but since then have reviewed the funding of the site and as part of the move to new software plan to develop more revenue streams.

It is my intention to always keep the forums advertisement free, and I hope to be able to do this by creating a complimentary marketplace on the site where traders can advertise, and members can browse/buy (it's still very much on the drawing board though!!).

Regardless of funding, it is very much a labour of love. It's also much more than just an online forum - there's a great real-world aspect to it with the many rides and get togethers, as well as the heads-up for events and cycling happenings that bring us together off-line. Lots of us have made a great many friends through CC and learned a lot about cycling and life as a result.

<Passes around the hankies so we can all have a jolly good cry>

I'll have to stop there as my speech has got all wet and I can't read the rest ... lol :girl:

Cheers,
Shaun :smile:

Stop waffling on and get the new site up ! :smile::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Top Bottom