How Cool Is This!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cookiemonster

Legendary Member
Seen this today in Ballater

DSCF1025.jpg

DSCF1027.jpg

DSCF1026.jpg

DSCF1024.jpg

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
it's no the big yin's?

Speicher

Vice Admiral
I have always wanted a go on a motorbike. But as a non-motorcyclist, I think I would upset the balance if I was a pillion passenger. Would that sort of vehicle take passengers in (relative) safety?

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Speicher said:
I have always wanted a go on a motorbike. But as a non-motorcyclist, I think I would upset the balance if I was a pillion passenger. Would that sort of vehicle take passengers in (relative) safety?

Best bet is to wrap your arms around the driver (or whatever it's called on a motorbike). That way, you lean with them and it's easy to balance.
It's not too tricky. I've got a mental image of you dressed in leather now.:wacko:

Shaun

Founder
I remember my dad taking me somewhere on his moped when I was younger.

Every time we went round a corner I leant the opposite way because I didn't want to fall off.

By the time we got to where we were going my dad was fuming. He didn't offer to take me on the moped anywhere after that.

It wasn't until years later when I got my own motorbike that I realised just how hard it is to ride with a passenger leaning the wrong way! :wacko:

Night Train

Maker of Things
Pity about the parking and the organ pipes probably need tuning! :wacko:

I really like this one. Really clean lines, hidden cables, hydraulics and wiring. The satin finish on the metal work rocks! If I had the money I'd want a bike from Exile.

Takes me back 40 years when my sister used to live in a place called Hatch End. Posh greasers in the Close used to make quilted seat three wheelers - probably a bit less sophisticated I guess - and the 'family' (hippies) next door (ancient lady with a gardener 'friend' called 'Rafe') used to give these rockers sunday lunch...
It was around the time that the Low Riders of Los Angeles were in 'Hot Rod' magazine, with their sparking undercarriages etc...

Top Bottom