How Dangerous Is Cycling?

When was the last time you were involved in an accident, potentially out of your control, which left

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bromptonaut

Rohan Man
I said no accidents as I've never come to any harm. In truth I've had two in the last 11 years of London commuting.

First was a tourist who looked left then stepped straight into the road; missed her but avoiding action jammed the wheel in a drain - just jarred a bit. Second was more of a learning point. Traffic diverted round block leading to a long queue waiting for a right turn. Filtered up the nearside intending to track the leading car through the turn. Unfortunately just as I went right he saw the next queue and aborted the turn going straight ahead into the rear of my Brompton. Discovered that a B, thus assaulted, folds and was hit sharply in the perineum (that's not just a girly bit is it?- betwixt balls & bum anyway!) by the rising saddle. No damage beyond a bruise and lesson learned about observation and care in jams.

nich

The last time I had a bike accident was a few years ago.

I had just taken the bike out of the boot of the car, and was pootling around the car pack going through the gears.

The next thing I know, I'm on my side with the bike on top. My cycle buddies just stared at me, and I was rather embarrassed
blush.gif

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
More people end up as KSI statistics after interactions with staircases and showers than bicycles. All danger is relative.

Top Bottom