How desperate would you need to be to...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tyred

Legendary Member
...break into McDonalds and cook yourself a load of shoot meal:crazy:

A man who broke into an empty McDonald’s during the night and cooked himself a meal has handed himself in, police have said.

Hungry suspect Whitley Allen Testow, 21, was caught red-handed on CCTV footage – which shows the US student climbing through the drive-through window, searching for ingredients and even helping himself to sauces....

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/‘hamburglar’-caught-red-handed-on-cctv-surrenders-to-police.html

ASC1951

Guru
I don't buy fast food so it's not stuff I eat, but McDonalds has changed hugely in the last few years, at least in the UK. For instance they are the largest buyer of free range eggs in the country. It's not 'junk food' any more. Ok, you shouldn't be eating it every day, but you shouldn't eat fish and chips every day either.

Broadside

Guru
If i remember correctly they are the no.1 coffee retailer in the UK high street by no. of cups sold. Wetherspoons are no.2 and then it is the likes of Starbucks. The clown sells a lot of coffee.

I probably have a McDonalds twice a year, I would never rate it as quality food but I do admire their standards in that you can eat a McD almost anywhere in the world and it tastes the same. Not to everyone's taste, but it is highly consistent which is a very difficult thing to achieve. You have to admire them for that.

Blue

Legendary Member
I haven't had a McD's in years. All these rave reviews are making me think I should try one, but I'm sure it will just be a passing thought :stop:

Keith Oates

Janner
The only time I visit a McD is when I'm in Hong Kong I go for the breakfast of scambled egg, hamburger meat only and deep fried potato, but that's only about once every three months!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Doseone

Guru
I don't buy fast food so it's not stuff I eat, but McDonalds has changed hugely in the last few years, at least in the UK. For instance they are the largest buyer of free range eggs in the country. It's not 'junk food' any more. Ok, you shouldn't be eating it every day, but you shouldn't eat fish and chips every day either.

I had a McD's for the first time in about 10 yrs the other day. It hasn't changed, despite the fluffy "we're so green" whistly advertising. It was still just as vile as I remember it, the burger was half the size it looked in the picture and was dry and tasteless. The chips were awful. My son actually didn't finish his burger - which is about the first time I've ever seen that happen! I'm not anti junk food either (with all the usual caveats) but as junk food goes I think McD is pretty poor.

Does Wendy Burger still exist? I seem to remember their burgers actually tasting of meat.

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
I've not seen a Wendy's in the UK.

We don't have many chain fast food places out here (just had a look and there's 2 McDs and one Subway within 20 miles of me.

McDonald's breakfasts are ok, and the coffee.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
I had a McD's for the first time in about 10 yrs the other day. It hasn't changed, despite the fluffy "we're so green" whistly advertising. It was still just as vile as I remember it the burger was half the size it looked in the picture and was dry and tasteless. The chips were awful. My son actually didn't finish his burger - which is about the first time I've ever seen that happen! I'm not anti junk food either (with all the usual caveats) but as junk food goes I think McD is pretty poor.

What were you expecting, Michelin 5 star?
Remember, it is all cooked by spotty teenagers who are only there to get some pocket money and don't really care about what they do anyway.
I rarely have a 'Mickey Dees', but I have never had an real problem with them. I think the sauces on the burger do help hide anything they haven't got quite right, like dryness (and It generally isn't a good idea to ask for a burger with nothing on it anyway - the staff don't like it and will give you the real crap instead).

Oh yes, and it helps if you shower the chips in salt - it actually gives them a taste!

Does Wendy Burger still exist?

Who?? Aren't you thinking of Wimpy?

Top Bottom