How difficult is it...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
...to understand either of these statements?

1. I'll meet you at the entrance of Leicester Racecourse at midday on Monday.

2. I'd love to lead a cycling history Sky Ride around Leicester but I can't do ANY weekend dates in either July or August.

In response I got.

1. I'm waiting for you at the bus station, where are you? (highly paid BBC presenter)

2. Local historian Roger Lovell will be leading a cycling history bike ride around central Leicester on sunday August 8th, leaving Town Hall Square at 2pm. (highly paid marketing person working for Sky/BC)

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Doh !

philipbh

Spectral Cyclist
Chinese whispers - presumably these highly paid idiots have "people" that may have screwed up in the relaying of the message

To confuse "Bus Station" with "Race Course" does take some doing though - maybe their people have people?

Either way they should get new people

Arch

Married to Night Train
I'm just reeling from the revelation that Hilldodger makes plans! Whenever I go down there, it's "We'll probably be there from about X o'clock, unless we aren't...." :biggrin:

Getting to know Cyclemagic has been a big part of my education in being laid back about plans...:tongue:

karan733

Having lived in Oadby, its going to be a good ol' ride from there to the bus station on one of your bikes!

wafflycat

Hilldodger said:
...to understand either of these statements?

1. I'll meet you at the entrance of Leicester Racecourse at midday on Monday.

2. I'd love to lead a cycling history Sky Ride around Leicester but I can't do ANY weekend dates in either July or August.

In response I got.

1. I'm waiting for you at the bus station, where are you? (highly paid BBC presenter)

2. Local historian Roger Lovell will be leading a cycling history bike ride around central Leicester on sunday August 8th, leaving Town Hall Square at 2pm. (highly paid marketing person working for Sky/BC)

Sadly, some journos/presenters tend to be lacking in this: ability to listen, ability to read, ability to comprehend, brain.

OP
OP
Hilldodger

Hilldodger

Guru
Arch said:
I'm just reeling from the revelation that Hilldodger makes plans! Whenever I go down there, it's "We'll probably be there from about X o'clock, unless we aren't...." :biggrin:

Getting to know Cyclemagic has been a big part of my education in being laid back about plans...:tongue:

:smile: Yeah, but at least we turn up at the right place.

Actually, Arch, you'd be impresed at my organisational skills - you need to be pretty organised when you have 57 (and counting) events to attend this summer.

Our bike rides are still...shall be say....um...informal:biggrin:

OP
OP
Hilldodger

Hilldodger

Guru
tyred said:
Good to know the BBC use the licence fee to employ intelligent people.

Also good to know that the BBC sent said highly paid presenter to Leicester from London to interview me:wacko:

Top Bottom