How do I get a magpie...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sambu

tennis racket?

OP
OP
C

Chilternrides

Fnarr - STOPPIT! You have damn near re-perved me. (Well done old chap :biggrin: )
Fiona - that is some story! Mine pales into insignificance alongside that!
Have you seen the size, not to mention the colour, of a magpie shite? :wacko: It's like liquidised damsons, without the damsons being properly digested.

Next time one gets in, I'm going to leave bits of silver paper all the way up the stairs leading to the bathroom, and then line the bog seat with foil too!

Found a little present on my armchair too :angry:

asterix

Comrade Member
"Flea cocoons can remain dormant for two years or more and are awoken by the vibration of footsteps. It is very common for a flea infestation to remain dormant in an empty home but to awaken when people move in."

I wonder just how long they can lie dormant for!

gbb

Legendary Member
No help to Op, but it remiinds me of a pigeon we had at work in one of the very tall ceiling'd buildings.
It got in, we couldnt reach 20 ft to the ceiling to catch it, we left the very large doors open for days to see if it'd make its own way out. It just sat there on the pipework up there.
After about 2 days we started to worry for it, there was nothing for it to eat.

This is where logic comes in...although we hadnt thought of it. Our boss came in after a few days off, he knew nothing about it of course.
'Just throw a bucket of water on the concrete floor by the big door'...'they can do without food for a while, but water will definately attract it'

We did so, left the building for 10 minutes....came back, it'd gone :biggrin:

I was going to suggest that :biggrin: :whistle: ...honest.

Top Bottom