How do I mix text & pics in a post?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
Sorry to be such a numpty but I want to post my jersey relay journal
with some panache and not have my pics all clumped at the bottom of the post.;)

Ta v. much, theres a cup of tea in it for those wot help here!:biggrin:

longers

Legendary Member
I think you type what you want to write and use the image tags to intersperse photo's in the text as you feel appropriate. Don't you?

bonj2

if you've uploaded the photos to photobucket, then it should show you various syntaxes containing the URL of the pic below its thumbnail, one should be the one in phpbb tags, e.g. something like
[img]http://photobucket.com/mypics/mypic1.jpg[/img]

click in that text box, and photobucket will copy it automatically and it should then say 'copied' in yellow.

Go back to your post, and paste it in.

then wherever you have the
[img]http://photobucket.com/mypics/mypic1.jpg[/img]
bit, that will be replaced by your image. (or should be if you've done it right)

practice by previewing yourpost first.

bonj2

Click on the little square in the menu above the reply box -the yellow one with the mountains.

Then pop the url of your pic in the box that opens.

(they're actually hills.)

tdr1nka - I use tinypic, because I find it easy!;) On the front page, check out the 'resize' drop down - it lets you select massageboard etc. Browse will take you to your picture files lurking within PC. Select your image. Click on Upload button. Once tinypic has uploaded your chosen image, it presents you with urls for different media. Obviously copy the one for 'messageboards'...
If I have a load of bits and bobs to upload, I will copy and paste each url to notepad or something like that - then put a description a couple of letter spaces away as an aide memoire.
Compose your words forsooth and copy and paste a relevant image if it takes your fancy...
Hope you have not been spending all this time Pshopping my grey hair to chestnut BTW;):biggrin:

OP
OP
tdr1nka

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
Aperitif said:
Hope you have not been spending all this time Pshopping my grey hair to chestnut BTW;):blush:

Ahhh you might not like the ginger afro then...........;):biggrin:

OP
OP
tdr1nka

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
red_tom said:
I think that might be mine :blush: ;)

D'ya know, and how thick is this, I figured out on Wednesday your name was Tom:ohmy: and while I was editing the pictures that I really noticed your red hair.

There was then a tremendous grinding noise from somewhere in my cranium and *ping* red hair + Tom = Redtom.

There are things about me that clearly need checking.:biggrin:

Jaded

tdr1nka said:
Sorry to be such a numpty but I want to post my jersey relay journal
with some panache and not have my pics all clumped at the bottom of the post.:biggrin:

Ta v. much, theres a cup of tea in it for those wot help here!:biggrin:

Your monitor isn't level, you need a spirit level to correct that so that things don't slide about willy-nilly. :biggrin:

Top Bottom