How do I record The Tour?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Not long had a digital telly :laugh: . So now I get to see ITV4's coverage of the Tour :thumbsup: .

I have a VHS video (analogue) recorder. Can I use it to record digital signals? An hence record ITV4 for the appropriate time slots? So that I can play it back on my new digital telly? Or do I have to buy a new digital recording box?

Family stuff means I'll miss the mountain stages this weekend :rolleyes: if I can't sort this :blush:

Tetedelacourse

twentysix by twentyfive said:
Not long had a digital telly :laugh: . So now I get to see ITV4's coverage of the Tour :thumbsup: .

I have a VHS video (analogue) recorder. Can I use it to record digital signals? An hence record ITV4 for the appropriate time slots? So that I can play it back on my new digital telly? Or do I have to buy a new digital recording box?

Family stuff means I'll miss the mountain stages this weekend :rolleyes: if I can't sort this :blush:

Also standing by for same answer (hoping there is one) as I'm in the same predicament monsieur.

OP
OP
twentysix by twentyfive

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Well I've got my old analogue satellite link working again just now so I can record and play analogue from Euro Sport :thumbsup: . But I'll run out of tape over the weekend :biggrin: given ES's wall to wall coverage of mountain stages :laugh: .

:blush: Perhaps I'll ask a tame neigbour to change the tape on Sunday morning. But he is in his 80's ....... :rolleyes: :laugh:

Mr Phoebus

Yes, you can use your VCR to record ITV4 (Digital) but most digital boxes only have one receiver, (so you can only record the channel you're watching)
The better stuff comes fitted with two receivers, so like the old VCR's you can watch one channel while recording another.

With digital TV, the broadcast signal is digital, your receiver has to decode this into an analogue signal so you can see it on your screen.
(so in short 'yes' you can use your VCR to record the tour)

I wanted to record ITV4 using Sky+ at midnight last night but the EPG wouldn't let me set the timer as it didn't list the prog as being on!

So there was Mrs Beanz at 10pm after we got back from London, setting the old VCR in the kitchen where it now resides...

"Low tech" rules! :blush:

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
beanzontoast said:
I wanted to record ITV4 using Sky+ at midnight last night but the EPG wouldn't let me set the timer as it didn't list the prog as being on!

So there was Mrs Beanz at 10pm after we got back from London, setting the old VCR in the kitchen where it now resides...

"Low tech" rules! :blush:

no such probs with my v+ box, which will automatically record every highlights show on itv4, whether i remember or not </smug git>.

could come in handy as wife has booked a holiday for next week :rolleyes:

Steve Austin

The Marmalade Kid
to record from digibox

aerial into digibox
lead from digibox into vcr
lead from VCR into tv

then the video can record from the digibox

Most manuals for electrical equipment has a diagram to show you how to this with equipment. and more importantly what slots to put leads into. I'm hoping you can work out which sockets to plug into. some will be scart leads, othere may be analogue cables, you MAY need to use both

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
beanzontoast said:
Alec - I will see your v+ box and raise you a promotional copy of the Sky magazine which they said they would send me 2 months ago...

... if it ever arrives! :blush:

what's sky? :rolleyes:

OP
OP
twentysix by twentyfive

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Steve Austin said:
to record from digibox

aerial into digibox
lead from digibox into vcr
lead from VCR into tv

then the video can record from the digibox

Most manuals for electrical equipment has a diagram to show you how to this with equipment. and more importantly what slots to put leads into. I'm hoping you can work out which sockets to plug into. some will be scart leads, othere may be analogue cables, you MAY need to use both

Hmmmph - so if it's a digital TV then it's aerial into TV, connect TV to VCR, then connect back to TV?? :rolleyes:

But why didn't I think to read the manual? :blush:

Now where is that manual...............

Steve Austin

The Marmalade Kid
that makes it real easy then. the tv will have a scart out lead for the video. piece of cake.

manuals are all online nowadays. just google the model

If anyone has the technology and is willing, Mrs Beanz and I would love to have the first 2 days (Sat / Sun - was there a show on Fri too?) of the ITV 4 highlights show on DVD. We were in London and are hoping to keep it as a souvenir of the weekend. (Have posted this as a sep request in Café too). Gladly pay media, postage etc. Anyone please?

Top Bottom