How do I report spammers ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Norm

Thanks

Why cant "This person" just be banned by IP tho?
I wrote a response to this earlier, before the company's wireless network had a brainfart, so I'll re-write it even though Admin has replied. :biggrin:

IP addresses are handed out by ISPs, so all anyone needs to do to get a new one is re-boot their router. Once that is done, the old IP address will be allocated to someone else, and that person will be banned by association.

On top of that, you can find a gazillion proxy servers out there, which will present as a different IP address anyway. Very useful for people in the US who want to watch BBC videos, crap for admins to limit access.

There are also, as PpPete says, other ways of masking your IP address easily available.

In summary, the people who are most frequently caught by IP bans are the innocent ones so they are, IMO, worse than useless.

OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
I wrote a response to this earlier, before the company's wireless network had a brainfart, so I'll re-write it even though Admin has replied.

IP addresses are handed out by ISPs, so all anyone needs to do to get a new one is re-boot their router. Once that is done, the old IP address will be allocated to someone else, and that person will be banned by association.

On top of that, you can find a gazillion proxy servers out there, which will present as a different IP address anyway. Very useful for people in the US who want to watch BBC videos, crap for admins to limit access.

There are also, as PpPete says, other ways of masking your IP address easily available.

In summary, the people who are most frequently caught by IP bans are the innocent ones so they are, IMO, worse than useless.

Fair comment mate

Zoiders

Yourself and three others - I've removed all of the profile comments and the notifications.

Job done. :thumbsup:
No I am afraid it's not "job done"

As last time I checked you had decided it was all my fault for not ignoring them
rolleyes.gif

Shaun

Founder
We'll continue to close the accounts as we discover them so just carry on reporting them and let me and the team deal with it.

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom