How do i view threads since last visit?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Click on "New Posts"? (in the darker blue header strip at the top of the page)

mosschops2

But... this isn't actually "number of threads since last visit" - not in the same way that C+ did it. I'm not saying that it should be just because C+ was that way - but in my most limited experience, if I were to click on it now, and peruse the threads, then reclick on it in an hour's time, I would expect to see only threads posted in that hour - irrelevant of when I logged on.

I only mention this, as I often have C+ on in the background of my computer, but when waiting for it to do something, I check out C+. (Some SAP / excel stuff can spend 3-10 minutes thinking, which I tend to do say 5 times a day....)

However, if this is not the norm, then I can easily live with it, as it is!!

mosschops2

But - refreshing doesn't change the time I last logged in - I think logging off and logging on again would give the result I was originally expecting....

Elmer Fudd

Miserable Old Bar Steward
mosschops2 said:
But... this isn't actually "number of threads since last visit" - not in the same way that C+ did it. I'm not saying that it should be just because C+ was that way - but in my most limited experience, if I were to click on it now, and peruse the threads, then reclick on it in an hour's time, I would expect to see only threads posted in that hour - irrelevant of when I logged on.

I only mention this, as I often have C+ on in the background of my computer, but when waiting for it to do something, I check out C+. (Some SAP / excel stuff can spend 3-10 minutes thinking, which I tend to do say 5 times a day....)

However, if this is not the norm, then I can easily live with it, as it is!!

Get the same problem, if 'puter plays up and I knock it off, I only get the "latest" postings" shown, not the one I was about to read. Apart from that excellent chit-chat site, and welcome all from c+. I was on there but didn't use it often, but much prefer this. a.n.other site sucks in my opinion.
Couldn't even transfer user name or e-mail etc. etc.

Top Bottom