How do you carry your suit to work?

How do you get your suit to work?

• Take it to work at the beginning of the week by car (or other)

Votes: 13 59.1%
  • Wear it

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Put it in a suit bag in a pannier

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Put it in a suit bag in a rucksack

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Other

Votes: 12 54.5%
  • Are you satisfied with this solution? Yes

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Are you satisfied with this solution? No

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Would you buy a bag which was effective assuming it was in your price range? Yes

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Would you buy a bag which was effective assuming it was in your price range? No

Votes: 1 4.5%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PBancroft

For me, other. I am lucky enough to now have a locker at work. My suit lives there, along with my shoes, shoe shining stuff, spare shirt and undies (for wet weather emergencies).

I carry a shirt and tie with me to work in my pannier. I probably wouldn't want a bag to carry everything simply because of the additional weight.

Armegatron

Shirt and trousers get rolled in the pannier and taken to work. Shoes are left at work. Simples :wacko:

brokenbetty

Über Member
I keep my suit jacket, shoes and handbag at work. (I bought them in my lunchhour so they've never had to be taken in at all). I also bought 5 identical suit skirts to match the jacket. I carry a clean top, skirt and undies every day in my panniers.

Washable tailoring is my friend :wacko:

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
NOT in a suitbag on my back, I mean, I didnt flip the handlebars at 20 mph in the middle of the open road as a leather suit bag blew round from my back into the front wheel and jammed it, really that didnt happen to me, at all, never, not even once :tongue:

cygnet

Presumably you have another survey to find out how many people cycle to work and wear a suit?
And another to find out what 'within your price range' is?

I suspect your potential market size would limit economies of scale and thus adversely affect the cost of making the product, reducing your market further (or your profit).

Lozatron

I have a suit jacket which I leave at work - take trousers and shirt with me folded in pannier briefcase - other pannier contains washkit and shoes.

I get changed in the gym and walk 100m to the office so this works well for me

g00se

Veteran
Hey man! Suits are for suits dude!

laertes

Something less comprehensive than Brains' list for me. I leave 2 suits at work (hanging up near the desk), and 8 shirts, 4 ties, . In the locker in the changing rooms I keep 1 pair of shoes and shoe polish etc, cufflinks,shower gel, cologne. I bring a quick dry towel in on Monday and home on Friday, and bring pants and socks in every day. If it is raining I bring a spare cycling shirt and socks for the way home.

nilling

Über Member
Everything stays at work. Socks, undies and shirt daily. Fold shirt in half lengthways, then fold in half again, collar to tails. Then roll up with socks and undies in the middle put in carrier bag - done!

Willo

Keep an spare (oldish!) suit and shoes in the office for the days I cycle, carry undies, wash bag etc. in my rucksack. Also keep a stock of shirts in the office and get them cleaned/ironed at the cleaners near the office (although easy enough to fold a shirt and take it in each day).

kc57

Currently I work too far away so it tends to be planes trains and automobiles but I do use the gym and carry my laptop and kit in a rucksack and suit-carrier. I am looking at a role change that makes cycle commuting possible and saw the below on Amazon. It gets mixed reviews so if anyone else has come across it or has a better solution I would be interested. I will be working on a client site and although it has showers etc I doubt I will have storage facilities as a visitor but will try.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb...=sports&field-keywords=suit+cycle+bag&x=0&y=0

biking_fox

Guru
Another on the "What suit?" brigade.

I take in shirts and trousers once a week by rucksack. This works well for me. If I had a suit I'd leave it in the office and bring it home for occasional cleaning on days when I wouldn't be cycling anyway.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
Hi guys
I'm a sixth-form student (17) doing a Design and Technology major project focusing on the impracticalities of taking a suit to work while biking. Please could you take a few seconds to answer my poll - it would be greatly appreciated and feel free to leave any other comments below.
Thanks a lot
:biggrin: Nick
---
Poll now up! sorry

brought a bunch of suits in once by car, then leave them all at work for ever more (dry cleaners about 30 seconds away) I cant think of a single reason for me to carry a suit back and forth when cycling to the office.
I can get all my shirts treated at the same dry cleaners, but tend to launder them at home and just have them ironed at the cleaners (it's like a pound a shirt...cheaper than fuel or a season ticket) On the odd day I do drive in I may bring in 5 or six shirts ironed to stock up the office supply

Top Bottom