How do you clean your chain?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

battered

Guru
guitarpete247 said:
Yeah I did did read it in the late 70's. Brilliant book on the 2 views of life the Classical vs the Romantic approach. Used it in my dissertation for my PGCE.

Is it? Never come across this analysis before, thought it was just an anti war novel with comic elements.

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
battered said:
Is it? Never come across this analysis before, thought it was just an anti war novel with comic elements.
I was on about "Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintainance" by Robert M. Pirsig. In my college library it was kept in the Philosophy section not Fiction;).

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
battered said:
With respect, you are confusing 2 characters. Orr and Dunbar iirc.

You remember it better than I do;). It is atleast 30 years ago that I read it for the 2nd time. Must get round to re-reading it. Dunbar is the one who cultivates boredom to prolong his life or at least make it seem longer.
For anyone else interested here is a guide to the charachters.

By the way I clean my chain with a chain cleaner from Aldi/Lidl (can't remember which) and lube, wipe, run and re-wipe. MTB I rinse off debris from mucky ride with hose and small brush and re-lube, wipe, wipe again.

longers

Legendary Member
Orr keeps apples in his mouth doesn't he?

Back to chain cleaning, mine doesn't get caked up with muck so wipe and relube works very well.

battered

Guru
guitarpete247 said:
I was on about "Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintainance" by Robert M. Pirsig. In my college library it was kept in the Philosophy section not Fiction;).

Ah, that explains it. I never finished Zen &, I enjoyed the early bits about him exploring, his relationship with the bike, learning about machines and personal relationships en route, life as a journey and so on, then the latter third I considered to be a load of pretentious nonsense, so I dumped it.

OP
OP
M

martyp

my guitar cleaning method is:
1. Take too big a swig of beer from my glass when playing live.
2. Strategically let beer drip from beard onto instrument.
3. Leave to soak.[/QUOTE]

Am guessing it's not a '58 Strat so....;)

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
battered said:
Ah, that explains it. I never finished Zen &, I enjoyed the early bits about him exploring, his relationship with the bike, learning about machines and personal relationships en route, life as a journey and so on, then the latter third I considered to be a load of pretentious nonsense, so I dumped it.

That was my experience too.

Top Bottom