Votes: 5 5.7%
  • I don't have a lawn

Votes: 8 9.1%
  • I do have a lawn but I don't mow it

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Scythe

Votes: 4 4.5%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
If, indeed, you have a lawn.

Complicated multi choice poll. I'm sure you can work out how to use it.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Mr WD has a ride on petrol mower.

OP
OP
Dogtrousers

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Main reason for the thread is I'm interested in how many manual mowers are out there. I use a "Brill Razorcut" push mower. I only have two small lawns tho. It's very hard work if I let it grow long, but a piece of cake if I keep on top of it.

AndyRM

XOXO
I am soon to be lawn free, but I have to cut the thing at my current domicile. It is an annoying job because there's some kind of grass which is tough as old boots and the mower really doesn't like it.

I do my elderly neighbours' too, which is a bit of a carry on because they like it done in different ways.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
I used to have a manual cyclinder mower. Now we have a 3m x 3m bit of bumpy wasteland with grass on it, which I did over with the strimmer last week. It'll soon be levelled and replaced with patio slabs I think

lazybloke

Considering a new username
My option is to bribe my son. He did half of it yesterday, emptied some of the clippings onto the trampoline instead the adjacent compost enclosure, left the remaining clippings in the basket and didn't put the mower away. He also left the extension lead plugged into the greenhous and door wide open.

So a better job than usual

Dave7

Legendary Member
I did have 3 gardens/lawns.....now 1 1/2.
I did have a petrol mower with a roller until some scrote stole it (he went down for 12 months but I never got my mower back). I now have a normal petrol mower but also employ a gardener.

Alex321

Veteran
In the previous house, we had a large (21" width of cut) petrol power walk behind mower. But then we had somweher around an acre of grass to cut - it really was a never ending job in the summer, i'd be out 2-3 times a week doing one part or another, each time doing about an hour's worth.

When we moved, we now have a MUCH smaller garden (though still quite large by modern standards), and didn't need that, but still brought it with us, though we knew it was fairly knackered and wouldn't last much longer.

So when it died, we just got a much smaller and cheaper electric corded mower, with no driven wheels (but it is much lighter, so little efffort to push), and it takes me about 20 minutes, once every couple of weeks.

Top Bottom