How do you store a bike and trailer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
If you decide to camp whilst on the holiday how do you store your bike and trailer if you have one ? I ask this because i would be worried that the bike and trailer would be stolen.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Raleigh Man said:
If you decide to camp whilst on the holiday how do you store your bike and trailer if you have one ? I ask this because i would be worried that the bike and trailer would be stolen.

Don't buy a trailer then it's one less thing to get nicked ;)

I'd chain them together and to a tree or fixed object. Folk don't go out with the objective of nicking bikes from camp sites the thieves are opportunists.

I've used trees, railings and other bikes to chain my bike to.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
When I camped in the Lake District in the summer, vast numbers of other people had unsecured bikes...

Brains

Legendary Member
We cover our bikes with a double 'bike pyjamas' when touring, so it looks like we have a 2nd small tent, it's made out of woven plastic and keeps the biks dry and warm (and also out of sight). The Pyjamas also double up as a picnic blanket and on one memorable occasion an emergency tent when caught out in a summer deluge

We lock them together using a 2m kyriptonite cable to a dog spike

Spike, Cable and Pyjamas weighs in at about 2kg and lock can be same again, but that is optional. Spread over two bikes is minimal exta weight and give a lot of peace of mind

I side with Brains - a good quality "dog spike"

Means they either have to cut the cable, cut the spike or stnd there twisting the bike round and round to unscrew the spike from the ground.

Top Bottom