how do you store yours?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hudson1984

Über Member
so, i'm bored, sitting at my desk with CAD open and planning a new garage space (we're knocking our existing one through into the kitchen)

I want to ensure there's room to do what we want in there - which means partly a pub, and partly a pain cave and bike hut.

Now, we've got 2 road bike, the little boy has a little bike, and we're planning on more family members....because who needs money right!

with this in mind I want to be smart about bike storage, I want to ensure there's room for future mountain bikes, room to be on the turbo, room to add more bikes down the line.

Only going to build this once so want to get it right.

Which leads me to....Show me your storage!! I know alot of people on here like the N+1 philosophy so I assume some of you have some interesting storage solutions

vickster

Legendary Member
Asgard for primary bike storage (4 29er takes 4 roadbikes), but clearly can't turbo on it. There's also one bike currently in my lounge and one in the garden shed.
I use a turbo only under sufferance for rehab/when weather bad/ when can't get to gym (and then it's in the lounge)!

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Is wall storage an option? Also, it's not just about storing bikes but also equipment / parts / spare wheels / etc.

Ours are in three places; the bike and parts store has about 12 bikes, spare wheels and all the spare parts. My conservatory is basically a bike workshop and then we've outside storage. The turbo is in the house, with a bike on.

presta

Guru
Mine's on the stand in the middle of the dining room floor, and it's still in new condition after 21 years. The old one lived in a cold, damp prefab concrete garage, and went red rusty.

chriswoody

Legendary Member
The two important bikes live in my workroom in the cellar, one above the other.

IMG_20220429_140152864.jpg

The Bamboo bike is held aloft by a heath robinson contraption made from some scrap wood, plumbers pipe lagging, old handlebars and a scrap stem.

IMG_20220429_140218456.jpg

The work room itself is a bit of a messy old place, but I know where everything is, honest! The old town bike is only there temporarily and will hopefully be going soon.

IMG_20220429_140310147.jpg

simongt

Guru
Our seven bikes; three are mine, four are the GLW's, all live either under the stairs or in the lobby. That way we can easily grab whichever one we are in the mood / need of at the time - ! :okay:

8 bikes in our garage plus a pram and lawnmower.

I’ve got floor to ceiling racking for storage shelves and then the bikes run in line with the shelving on stands with a walkway down the middle. It’s fairly neat but if I had the room by fitting a roller garage door rather than a up and over I would mount some of the bikes on the wall.

However, important point to note, kids bikes might be better on stands so they can wheel them in and out instead of requiring an adult to unhook them off the wall every time and also your partner been able to lift down when your not there.

I use the hooks you can (still?) get from Planet X. Two rows of fout at staggered heights, pedals off and pipe insulation to protect against scratches, dents as they are fairly close together:okay:

Old bookcase for the bits and bobs and, out of shot because the rest of the garage is a mess, a very cheap off ebay set of tool drawers.

storage.jpg

Top Bottom