How does this work?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cycling Dan

Cycle Crazy
I tend to ponder different situations for all things and when I thought of this I found my self in a twist.:wacko: Happens there is a video of the exact situation I was thinking off.
Its 20vfog so you have been warned.

Anyhow clearly the driver pulled across and the cyclist fell off.
1:Given this, say the cyclist was hurt and the bike damaged would the driver still be liable and would you be able to claim from their insurance?
2:Would you still be able to demand their information?
3:Would the person be free to leave since there was no contact based on that information was transacted?
4: If they do leave without passing on their info can you still call the police?
The issue I come across is no contact was made which is normally the definitive point of which makes one liable.
Anyone have any input on something like this? I just curious as to how this would play out and if the other road user would have to pay for any damage. I don't know the answer maybe on of you guys know?!

numbnuts

Legendary Member
The way I see it the driver was the cause of the accident

BUR70N

If option one then I believe you can claim against the driver and their insurance. I meet a guy who did exactly that and also damages for injury along with a new bike etc.

If no one is not injured then you can exchange details (being a car on car) and therefore no need for the police.

Top Bottom