How easy is it to hack into another PC?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bigtallfatbloke

I hav eno idea about computers and as such I am guilty of a degree of paranoia regarding security etc. I get paranoid anyway but PC's....well I dont trust them and I am sure they are all out to get me:biggrin:

How easy would it be for anybody to hack into my pC & e mail account for example? What would they need to it and how would I know if they had?

I guess this is sparked by OUtlooks express locking me out for two days now. I have run all the regular virus/spyware scans, removed the cache and even done a full sustem restore but it's still broken....have I been hacked???

If I have and I ever find the bastard I will dress him in a hi vis vest, put him on a bike and let white van man loose on him:biggrin:

Dave5N

Über Member
Or did you forget your password?

You're no use to anyone if you're not online - just disconnect while you sort it.

PrettyboyTim

It sounds as if it's your mail account that's at fault, rather than your PC.

Try accessin your mail through another program. You could either try Thunderbird, or if you don't fancy installing anything new, there is quite a neat website called Mail2Web - you just type in your mail account info and it will retrieve and display your mail for you. If neither of these work, contact the person or organisation that administers your mail account.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
It's not easy to hack into a home PC so long as you are careful, and have a good anti virus, firewall and general crap cleaner.....

Even better protected behind a router with it's own firewall (i.e. broadband router) in addition to proper software firewall (not windows own firewall).

You do have to be one step ahead of the kids though..... my weekend of work a month ago re-installing my sister in law's PC has stopped the IT calls - properly installed everything again and got rid of the crap ! No calls from the friend's PC who I fixed, no calls from my father in law - hmm either I was dead good or really bad and broke them ?

Top Bottom