How fair is this on cyclists?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

buggi

Bird Saviour
all these twats saying he's confrontational would be exactly the same if some twat cut them up in a car. They just forget the reason they don't vent at the other driver is coz they don't get the same opportunity but i bet the air in their car is just as blue

buggi

Bird Saviour
Some of the comments seen pointing to that piece were non to subtle over what they wanted/would like to do to that person. I'm not having a go at Gaz in any way.
i took it as that

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
People like this sad tosser really don't need the extra publicity that they get from people linking to their pathetic blog.
The thing is though, I bet for one second the twat would crumble and crawl back under a stone if he was to ever really confront a cyclist who likes a good row back.

OP
OP
classic33

classic33

Leg End Member
People like this sad tosser really don't need the extra publicity that they get from people linking to their pathetic blog.
The thing is though, I bet for one second the twat would crumble and crawl back under a stone if he was to ever really confront a cyclist who likes a good row back.
I asked if it was Gaz on here, because of that last paragraph. I didn't mean it in anyway as an attack on him.
You're right in that saying it from behind a keyboard about a person compared to saying it to that person, they'd probably change their attitude & the way in which they word it.

Reactions: gaz

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
A shoulder check gives the vehicles behind some idea of what you are about to do. Quite often a cyclist can mask the object he is about to overtake. In your statement you are putting all the responsibility on other road users. It seems you don't have to make any observations and can do whatever you like and it's up to everyone else to dodge round you.

In reality, if you are on the road you have as much responsibility as everyone else.

I am guessing you don't drive a car and have no idea what a driver can miss when he is driving behind a cyclist.

Steve
I only really meant it in a general sense. I always shoulder check when passing cars because I want to know what is behind me and where a safe gap is. However, I have seen many cyclists and driven behind some that havent shoulder checked. Some dont even check when turning.
I do drive and take extra care around cyclists. I always go right over to the other ride of the road and think well ahead about junctions/other traffic.

Today I saw a car overtake a cyclist just before a busy junction and traffic lights. The car then stopped to allow me to turn and I could see the cyclist was squashed against the kerb with not much room to be able to manouvre.

Frood42

I know where my towel is
I think the blog is unfair on Gaz, and I think the BBC programme was also unfair on Gaz.
I see no reason for the cabby to be going into the Bus lane at that point, especially when the main traffic lane was free, and regardless of the position of Gaz (which was the correct position to take, with the speed being travelled, the motor traffic ahead, and the traffic lights ahead).

Just like alot of other blogs out there, it is just someone spewing crap, they are welcome to put out their viewpoint, but singling out people is a bit much.

Top Bottom