Votes: 372 26.3%
  • 11-15 miles

Votes: 297 21.0%
  • 16-20 miles

Votes: 167 11.8%
  • >20 miles

Votes: 252 17.8%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
My current commute is 11.5 miles out and 12.3 miles back when you miss the turn on a dark narrow lane :laugh: I am mainly WfH but I have invested in a helmet strap for my Volt 400. With that and the two Niterider Swifts I have (a 400 and a 500) I should be fine. The 400 and 500 were great but didn't give long enough a beam. I don't really want an overpowering light but if the helmet strap for the Volt doesn't cut the mustard I may have to invest in the Volt 800.
Oh and the helmet strap for the Cateye Volt was a great investment. The commute was just over 43 mins moving (45mins in total) in the light and just 2mins longer in the pitch black :okay:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Back tomorrow after being WFH again since December.

AndyPad

My normal commute is 12 miles door to door each way.
But that's far too short for me so extend the morning to 22 miles and the evening to 15.

What kind of bike do you commute on? I’ve just gone for a hybrid without suspension as will mostly be on cycle tracks.

Last edited by a moderator:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
What kind of bike do you commute on? I’ve just gone for a hybrid without suspension as will mostly be on cycle tracks.
A Ti Road bike

gzoom

Über Member
My 6 mile commute is set to increase to 20 miles due to changes at work. The distance is fine but the road pathing I haven't worked out yet. Will give it a tomorrow and see what's what!

52059885720_2054fa928a_c_d.jpg

Alexycle

Regular
From Colchester Shrub End to Wickham Bishops, 2-3 times a week, weather depending, about 50k a day, so 100-150k a week, I'm happy with that. I could do more though 🤔

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Keep popping into this thread but I think it’s time I grasped the bull by the horns. Rising travel costs and the current ScotRail debacle up here , I maybe need to start cycling again. Gotten very lazy this last year . Hardly any cycling done at all , not even a hundred miles I think.

Was training it one way and cycling back but ScotRail is a shoot show just now . May have found my motivation :laugh:

Used to be a 150 mile a week bike commuter , now a lazy slob lol

Roadrat77

Used to do 60 miles a week from Halesowen to Birmingham and back but I wouldn't do it now. Moved to Smethwick and a hit-and-run driver on false plates had me off when he pulled out of a side road and T-boned me and wrote off my beloved Raleigh Team Banana.
My desire for revenge has yet to subside.

RyanFrog

About a 5km round trip, depends where I'm working exactly though. I've been commuting via bike for eleven years and still don't have a driving licence.

My current commute is 11.5 miles out and 12.3 miles back when you miss the turn on a dark narrow lane :laugh: I am mainly WfH but I have invested in a helmet strap for my Volt 400. With that and the two Niterider Swifts I have (a 400 and a 500) I should be fine. The 400 and 500 were great but didn't give long enough a beam. I don't really want an overpowering light but if the helmet strap for the Volt doesn't cut the mustard I may have to invest in the Volt 800.

I bought a Varia 800 in the end and I'm 2 days in the office now and tend to do now 12,5miles in the morning and a 11miles at night for the main commute and 4miles either side of a rail journey in the middle of each. Circa 31miles round. We are moving offices soon which technically means I could have just the 4 mile cycle either side of the rail journey and a scoot across a car park to the office. And whilst we are aiming for 2-3 days also it may be limited to 1-2 days, which will limit my cycling. I think I'll get off a couple of stops early. The only problem theres' 3 trains an hour at the moment and there's only 2 per hour at the other stations if I get off early :-/

Top Bottom