how far do you commute?

how many miles in one direction is your commute?

  • 0-5

    Votes: 1 100.0%
  • 6-10

    Votes: 1 100.0%
  • 11-12

    Votes: 1 100.0%
  • 13-15

    Votes: 1 100.0%
  • 16-20

    Votes: 1 100.0%

  • Total voters
    1
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
3.5 miles. On first moving out of town 2 years ago, I thought it seemed too far :eek:.

Now 5-6 miles would be perfect for me, enough for a good workout but not too knackering/sweaty.

Love the route though, wakes me up nicely for work, and a bit of fun trying to beat my PB or have a little "race" :biggrin:
 
6.5 the direct route and 7.5 by road. Well lucky me as we have showers, changing areas and lockers on both our head office sites.
 

TWBNK

Guru
Location
Wirral
4.5 miles each way, I always need a shower when I get to work which means that I am always fresh, clean and cheerful by the time my oppo gets in to work.

I am on leave at the moment but I called last night in to pick up my payslip, my mate said to me 'bloody hell, how far have you ridden tonight?'

My excuse is that it may only be 4 1/2 miles but it is uphill.
Sometimes I extend my ride up to 10 or 12 miles each way and I have to say that there are more and more places I would be comfortable to ride to as I get fitter through it.
 
18 miles each way, and we have changing and shower facilities thankfully as i sweat like hell. sometimes i can get my kit washed as well for the ride home but thats dependent on time and how busy the laundry is on the day.
 
mr Mag00 said:
just wondered how far ppl commute? i am thinking about it but it is some way, a little over 20 miles in think and i want work to install a shower :smile:
My journey's 27 miles each way. I wash in the sink but without actually getting in it...
 

Ludwig

Hopeless romantic
Location
Lissingdown
It is a very sad and ludicrous state of affairs that people have cycle such long distances to earn a crust. How can these people be in any fit state to do a days work. Have some common sense and move closer to where you work or find a job closer to your home.
 
Ludwig said:
It is a very sad and ludicrous state of affairs that people have cycle such long distances to earn a crust. How can these people be in any fit state to do a days work. Have some common sense and move closer to where you work or find a job closer to your home.
I cycle because I choose to, to keep fit not because I am hard up I work permanent nights driving a lorry so I need regular exercise, I am very well paid for what I do. I live right out in the countryside and I do not want to move,
So tell me what is sad about it? I have a 3 series BMW and a ford fiesta in my drive I am able to use at anytime but I choose to cycle
 

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Location
Rides Ti2
Ludwig said:
It is a very sad and ludicrous state of affairs that people have cycle such long distances to earn a crust. How can these people be in any fit state to do a days work. Have some common sense and move closer to where you work or find a job closer to your home.

I think you will find that the posters in this thread actually enjoy their cycle commute. I know I certainly do on my 26 mile daily round trip.
 
Top Bottom