How far to travel to get the vaccine?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Some folk are getting a few miles away - 15 isn't too bad. My wife was able to get in the local practice, 1/2 mile away.
I got a letter on 5th February saying that I could book at a vaccination centre or wait for my GP to contact me, which would be "soon". The GP health centre is less than a mile away so I decided to wait. A month later, I am still waiting!

vickster

Legendary Member
I got a letter on 5th February saying that I could book at a vaccination centre or wait for my GP to contact me, which would be "soon". The GP health centre is less than a mile away so I decided to wait. A month later, I am still waiting!
Call your GP to ask :okay:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Up to you :okay: You could also call the Vax helpline to see if there's anything closer
I did think of using my warfarin as an excuse... Phoning to ask if it would be a problem with the vaccine (it isn't) and, by the way, when will it be? :whistle:

I was assuming that the nearest Vax centre would be Halifax but maybe there IS a local one.

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
I got my invite a 2 weeks ago, for my nearest centre, for that Saturday. 3.5 miles and 10 min drive. I was there on time and out in 20 mins.
I then, last week, got a letter asking me to book an appointment. I didn't want 2 within the week.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I got asked if I was taking any blood thinning meds. What difference does it make?
They don't want you to "bleed out" when the needle goes in.:whistle:

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
My parents both had their first jabs at Epsom racecourse.
Their second hand are in different places. My dad’s is in Guildford and my mum’s is in Kingston.
These can be 2 hour round trips on a bad day.
These are not simple places to get to if you are very frail or live in poverty.

I received my letter on Monday and frustratingly phoned, I kept being offered Bury in Suffolk when I live north of Norwich. Chap came up with the same on the phone, advised me to keep checking twice a day. Last night I was lucky, first appointment in Norwich on Tuesday followed by second in May at same venue, happy with that.

Top Bottom