How good is your colour acuity?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

thomas

the tank engine
jonny jeez said:
Impressive...

And whilst multi-tasking your personal banking...how very "new man" of you

very impressed.

hehe. I think I just did well because I'm not an old fogey .... run away :evil:

beanzontoast said:
I think Mag's point about the calibration of individual monitors' colour profiles is salient.

I'm not sure it is. Because the colours will all still be relative. So even if your screen shows them as neon blue to pink, the shades in between will all be relative....maybe? That's my theory anyway....but then I do have perfect colour vision haha.

gavintc

Guru
I got 14, and I always presumed I had a little bit of a green / blue issue. So maybe it is not as bad I had thought. At least my wife is always exclaiming - 'are you colour blind?' when I chose a tie to go with a shirt. Now I know have just a poor dress sense. :evil:

thomas said:
I'm not sure it is. Because the colours will all still be relative. So even if your screen shows them as neon blue to pink, the shades in between will all be relative....maybe? That's my theory anyway....but then I do have perfect colour vision haha.

The ability of the eye to discriminate shades of colours is related to the effectiveness of the monitor in displaying them accurately. A poor monitor won't have the gamut of a better one so the nuances between close shades may be completely lost.

beanzontoast said:
The ability of the eye to discriminate shades of colours is related to the effectiveness of the monitor in displaying them accurately. A poor monitor won't have the gamut of a better one so the nuances between close shades may be completely lost.

Indeed. And if you have your display settings set to 16 colour.....

tyred

Legendary Member
magnatom said:
Indeed. And if you have your display settings set to 16 colour.....

That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it:laugh:

After having said all of that above, I just had a go and scored 3. :evil:

I'm quite pleased about that considering my father was apparently colour blind.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
beanzontoast said:
15 - fine by me.

I think Mag's point about the calibration of individual monitors' colour profiles is salient.

After a while one can sense the colour and sharpness draining away from monitors.

I found the test interesting because it is often claimed that most people can't tell the difference between different broadcasts in standard or high definition.

Arch

Married to Night Train
50....:blush:

Most problems around blue/green....

My excuse it, I have a black and white telly, so I'm not as practised as everyone else...;)

Arch said:
50....:laugh:

Most problems around blue/green....

My excuse it, I have a black and white telly, so I'm not as practised as everyone else...;)

for those of you in black and white, the blue's are next to the greens. :blush:

Top Bottom