How has your high street changed?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Where I am all the decent shops are long gone and it's all blatant money laundering outfits like nail bars and Turkish barbers that are constantly empty. If I want something its either now online or from the supermarket. All the shoplifting that's going on as well wont encourage anyone to open a legitimate local shop.

sounds a similar theme
charity shops. hair dressers . nails and vape shops seem to be the only things about these days

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Surely all this craze for online shopping will come to an end!

A 'craze'?

Where have you been for about the past 15 years? :whistle:

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
There's been a massive slow down of people donating to charity shops. Its been on the news about it, and they have said how much charity shops are now struggling themselves etc. People are making do with items longer and selling on Ebay/Fbook etc as opposed to donating as much now.

Ah, I didn't see that. That'll be me bummed then (ooh err!).

Sharky

Guru
In our local shopping centre, Bluewater, a "posh" one at that. I've googled that since 2017, 47 shops have closed. Some have been replaced and one by a Ribble Cycles shop, so not all bad news. However, I don't know who their target customer base is, certainly not me, a 60+ year cyclist.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
There's been a massive slow down of people donating to charity shops. Its been on the news about it, and they have said how much charity shops are now struggling themselves etc. People are making do with items longer and selling on Ebay/Fbook etc as opposed to donating as much now.
I noticed today that fairly affluent Clitheroe, Lancs's charity shops were a bit empty on the shelves. The town's YMCA charity, mainly furniture store didn't have as much furniture in as it used to have. I suppose even the 'better off' are mending and making do.

Kingfisher101

Über Member
I noticed today that fairly affluent Clitheroe, Lancs's charity shops were a bit empty on the shelves. The town's YMCA charity, mainly furniture store didn't have as much furniture in as it used to have. I suppose even the 'better off' are mending and making do.

Also charity furniture shops will only accept furniture in very good condition and with fire labels etc. If you have say a suite in very good nick, you will sell it obviously.

Top Bottom