How Honest Are You? x2

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yenrod

You buy some stuff lets say for 2.83 and you give the assistant who is talking away 5 quid - the change that comes back is 17.17, spot the difference, would you walk or what...:becool:

I did.

:biggrin:

Thats capitalism.

REad and weep SPire ! :biggrin:

buggi

Bird Saviour
after being served by quite a few bints who are happy to keep me queueing on my lunch hour whilst they chat to their buddies and have no idea about customer service, yep inclined to agree with ya there yenrod.

Keith Oates

Janner
I would and have pointed out the mistake in the past. I suspect that if it was the other way around those that say they would walk away would be the first to complain. What's good for the Goose is good for the Gander!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

got-to-get-fit

Well it all depends.
British service industry has gone so far down hill these days that sometimes the 17 year old serving you cant even be arsed raising her head to look at you or stop chatting to her skanky mate on the next till long enough to acknowledge you (even if you are being you're cheery best) This kind of adolescent ignorance really hacks me off and in these cases i would always keep the extra change and laugh all the way to the bank.
However if the cashier is nice, polite and welcoming i would probably point out the error.

betty swollocks

large member
I always point out mistakes to cashiers. You feel good about yourself and it helps to ensure your place in heaven when the time comes.

EmGee DK

Gottogetfit: Hear hear...

I would like to think that I would point it out and have also done so in the past - however I would take the money and smile if I feel, that the lack of service would justify me in doing so.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
If the person serving me had annoyed me before then i would smile and say thank you and walk off.
But if they had been nice and friendly then i would give them some of it back. :cry:
Thats only because my brother works for Mc Donalds and if hes down by so much on a till then he has to have re-training and other stuff they think is needed.

Mortiroloboy

Posters will (hopefully) remember my dilema recently, whilst in my LBS for some bits, I spied a spangly pair of Mavic Kyserium SL's priced at £149, I drew it to the attention of the assistant who assured me that they were priced right as the owner had told him they had two pairs to sell, I assured the confused assistant that he was mistaken, but if they stayed in the window at that price someone less scrupulous would happily take them at that price, shortly afterwards the owner returned, I asked him if the wheels were some sort of mega deal, he hurriedly removed the price ticket which clearly said 'Aksiums' on it.

I will admit to having a slight twinge of doubt about paying and scaperpering, but I wouldn't have been able to put them on a bike, as we often ride together and I think he would have twigged where his £500 stock/till deficit had occured, the next time he saw me on a club run, and 'Kevin' was sporting new wheels.

Honesty is always the best policy IME.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Same answer as the last question. Whether it is a big business or a small business I would point out the mistake immediately.

In fact there's even more reason to in the big business, because if I do not, I might well be contributing to the disciplining and perhaps firing of some unfortunate employee who may really need that job. The company won't lose anything in the long run, but that person might.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
yenrod said:
You buy some stuff lets say for 2.83 and you give the assistant who is talking away 5 quid - the change that comes back is 17.17, spot the difference, would you walk or what...;)
I've been in that situation. I paused outside the shop, and went back in...

ColinJ: "Excuse me, you just gave me the wrong change."

Till Person: "No I didn't."

CJ: "You did and it needs to be sorted out."

TP: "Piss off - I gave you the right change!"

CJ: "Look, this is your last chance. You gave me £10 too much and if you want the money in the till to be right at the end of your shift, I suggest that you take it back!"

TP stares at me with blank incomprehension, flushes violently and slowly holds out hand...

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
I've been in shops of late to be served by people chewing gum and chattin' gossip to their colleagues or even talking on mobile phones.

I feel it better that employees learn to concentrate the hard way by being down on their till and unable to explain it rather than if I were to report their conduct to the management, thus giving them a member of the public to blame rather than admit their own fault.

curve

Now that is really one of my pet hates. Shop assistants who just can't be bothered to serve you. I have walked way from a till a few times when I got irritated by the assistant. I am not asking much. A simple courtesy to serve the customer who is helping to keep them in a job rather than chatting to their mates on another till.

OP
OP
Y

yenrod

curve said:
Now that is really one of my pet hates. Shop assistants who just can't be bothered to serve you. I have walked way from a till a few times when I got irritated by the assistant. I am not asking much. A simple courtesy to serve the customer who is helping to keep them in a job rather than chatting to their mates on another till.

It never fails to amaze me that when just browsing or killing time i can nver get away from saleassistants BUT if I actually want to buy something can i find a SA ?...noooooooooooo.

Top Bottom