How is this forum funded?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

urbanrider

The City of a thousand trades.

They'll put their hand to anything, those Brummies.

Not like those lazy Londoners.

Yah but we do it right :blush:

Shaun

Founder
There's no real secret to it. I own a web design company and operate my own web directory at www.qango.com

I have my own dedicated web server to host my clients' web sites and my web directory, so it was simple and cheap to add on a cycling forum.

The forums were around for a good while before the C+ site move, albeit not very active.

The only time I've really spent any actual cash on it was when I upgraded the PHP chat software to vBulletin - worth every penny from an admin POV.

I don't need to generate any cash from the forums, so don't see the point in trashing the layout with ads just for the sake of it.

So, what do I get out of it?

Simple, I now have a very large group of experienced cyclists I can turn to when I have questions about my hobby :blush:

Pete

What you don't mention in that post, Admin, is the amount of effort and sweat you've poured into it (probably 24/7 or even longer), keeping this forum on an even keel, sorting out the odd niggle and problem as they come up, generally making this an attractive and welcoming place for people to join up and post on. And doing all this without trying to dominate the forum, nor impose your own will everywhere. Forget the jibes, I take my hat off to you Shaun/Admin, and I'm sure the others will join me in this...

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
Pete said:
What you don't mention in that post, Admin, is the amount of effort and sweat you've poured into it (probably 24/7 or even longer), keeping this forum on an even keel, sorting out the odd niggle and problem as they come up, generally making this an attractive and welcoming place for people to join up and post on. And doing all this without trying to dominate the forum, nor impose your own will everywhere. Forget the jibes, I take my hat off to you Shaun/Admin, and I'm sure the others will join me in this...

indeed.

Elmer Fudd

Miserable Old Bar Steward
Patrick Stevens said:
More seriously, many thanks for all that you have done. It's a first rate forum.
Totally agree, thanks Shaun

urbanrider

A big thanks from me too, and a big thanks to those that make this forum a fun place to be i've never had so many laugh's from a forum before

yes thanks shaun, it's developed into a great forum.
as for adverts i seem to have been able to get rid of almost all adverts since i started using the avant browser, even those on the site that replaced cycling + - no not this one ,the darth vader site:biggrin:

Top Bottom