How 'life' can change in an instant.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
What terrible news.Scum should get five years at least.But what passes me off,is some solicitor will represe them and say things like deprived backgrounds,never done this before, they are so sorry I hope they get five years each.But I won't hold breath. Best wishes to him from here in Leeds.
Interestingly the same will apply to rich kids - his parents paid more attention their corporate lives and neglected your Reginald who had no role model and guidance during his formative years. A medical report will be produced on bipolar and depression. The last will be character witness from a notable and retired member of the establishment.

The only who will get plastered are those who own up to their mistakes.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
This happening to me is my main fear when driving. There are so many now approaching amber, ready to turn red lights just carrying on as if the lights don't apply to them! Driving through a red light that's been on for 2 or 3 seconds is quite normal around here. I always sit back for a second when the lights turn green, if those lights are at a crossroad.

I don't worry when in the car. Now on the bike....

As the OP refers to it, yup, life changing injuries in a split second. Mine was just a driver's poor attention, not some drugged up idiots. That said, I've moved on and back road riding now. It's taken time, but the old saying, time heals.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Unfortunately the lads will get off with a slapped wrist, a ban and a few months probation. Don’t know whats happening to sentencing in the U.K.
Won’t help your friend much I know but there should be some sort of justice for the victim.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
My sister's life changed just before Christmas. She found a lump on her breast and within 2 weeks was preparing for a mastectomy. She's had the op now, but after radiotherapy will have to be on some cancer drug for 5 years which means no more children (they have 1 but wanted another).

But on the plus side, it's made her re-assess her life. As a teaching deputy head, she was constantly busy and stressed, and has decided that life is too short so is giving up teaching.

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
My sister's life changed just before Christmas. She found a lump on her breast and within 2 weeks was preparing for a mastectomy. She's had the op now, but after radiotherapy will have to be on some cancer drug for 5 years which means no more children (they have 1 but wanted another).

But on the plus side, it's made her re-assess her life. As a teaching deputy head, she was constantly busy and stressed, and has decided that life is too short so is giving up teaching.
Same for MrsD.
Her spine collapsed with 3 fractures.
In hospital they checked out a lump. Immediately transferred and had a mastectomy.
Sadly she has not walked since apart from shuffling around downstairs in the house.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Same for MrsD.
Her spine collapsed with 3 fractures.
In hospital they checked out a lump. Immediately transferred and had a mastectomy.
Sadly she has not walked since apart from shuffling around downstairs in the house.

It's a little like what happened to a chap, not much older than me, in my ward. He'd come in a day or two before me. He'd collapsed whilst out Christmas shopping with his wife. His spine has shattered in places due to previously un-found cancer. That was it, the consultant told him he'd never walk again. Makes you think !

Top Bottom