How long does it take for a Campy Freehub to go Quiet ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
3800 (90% dry) miles is the answer (for me anyway). My Campaq Khasim's have always made a racket but after freewheeling down the A90 dual carriageway (where they were as loud as normal) they suddenly went silent (well just below Mavic level but above Shimano). Too tel the truth I kind of miss it it made a good alternative to a bell and was a good sign to me that I wasn't working. I just wondered what other peoples experiences of Campag freehubs have been when did they bed in (go reasonably quiet) ?

PS if a mod thinks this belongs in another part of the forum (Beginners, Accessories, etc) feel free to move it :smile:

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
I've never noticed any reduction in the loudness of the click. As you say, a good alternatve to a bell.

Chrisz

Über Member
5min for me :smile:

But then I do take the freehub off, stick some thicker grease in there and bung it back together again so that I can enjoy freewheeling in stealth mode :smile: :smile:

L.E.D.

Have a set of Fulcrum wheels and whilst they look lovely, bloody hell they are loud. It's been several months now and was hoping they would have gone quiet by now. The clicking is an alternative to a bell but on a club run every bugger in the group knows when i'm doing sod all .

Top Bottom