How long to leave a package from Italy and how old is 'vintage'?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
14 days ?
Needs to be older than that to be considered vintage. A couple of years at least.

OP
OP
Specialeyes
@carpenter - you can't have too many!
@BalkanExpress - only 28 years old, hence borderline 'vintage'
@biggs682 - the temptation for kissing and romantic stroking is overwhelming! (of the bike, that is :whistle:)

Cracked open the box and spent a happy morning assembling this, a '93 Colnago Carbitubo.
Carbon tubes bonded into aluminium lugs and made by Alan for Colnago, with 8-speed Dura-Ace and the funky split downtube.

Built it with gloves on then thoroughly washed it down with soapy water & Dettol (although admittedly not singing Happy Birthday 60 times) and it's good to go. I've only been doing Zwift miles (and lots of them) during lockdown but this is seriously tempting me... ^_^

full.jpg

full.jpg

1587213109690.png

Attachments

• 1587213110206.png
    1587213110206.png
    362.7 KB · Views: 1
OP
OP
Specialeyes
It was a different approach to being horizontally stiff and vertically compliant (i.e. the usual marketing spiel/Holy Grail, even today!)

It probably purported to have aero advantages back then too as Ferrari also had a hand in it. Whether any of that is true is another matter, but carbon fibre was still relatively new thing back then, so many of its competitors would have still been alloy and steel.

I've just been to the end of our close and back, so that's hardly a thorough test ride, but it does feel thoroughbred - love it!

Andrew1971

Veteran
Upgrades that go with the bike. Very nice indeed. Dare I ask how much it cost.
Well done getting her.
Andrew

A fantastic find @Specialeyes

I must admit to huge amounts of jealousy

I nearly bought one of these about 18 months ago from a guy who lived 5 miles away bit was a fraction too large. Have spent last night and this morning scouring the small ads in four countries and nothing at the right size or price .:cry:

On the bright side if you fancy a well used but, therefore, cheap Selle Italia Ferrari saddle I know where to find one:okay:

byegad

Legendary Member
We leave all incoming mail, or other stuff, for 72 hrs, which is supposed to be long enough for hard surfaces to be safe. Then it's opened, the contents tipped out and the packaging binned. I then sing Happy birthday, twice, and the stuff inside is probably safe.

Top Bottom