How many bands can we form?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulB

Legendary Member
Own up, what instruments do you play (better than 'rudimentary')? Let's arrange ourselves into bands and see which of our merry band of bicycle riders would make the best sound.

For my sins, banjo. What are you proficient at?

subaqua

What’s the point
nothing proficiently anymore.

used to be good at Clarinet, trombone, guitar.

Daughter is good at piano

Pigo

Played the Oboe back in the day......haven't touched one for years but still an expert recorder player!
My son plays Bass in a band also.

col

Legendary Member
French horn at one school, Bagpipes at second. Piano lessons at second also, used to love playing the mouth organ too. It was one borrowed from my step dad while at the Gordon boys school near woking. Gave it back to him recently 36 years later.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I was a professional double bass player for 15 years or so but after a couple of years struggling with medication for a health problem I found that the music had gone out of it and I haven't really played for around 5 years now. I used to do a lot of piano playing too but, though I could bash my way through a few Beethoven sonatas, I never really had a gift for it.

A few weeks ago while getting jigged up for a new bike I learnt that one of my legs was shorter than the other. I wonder whether standing with most of my weight on one foot while playing the bass was the cause.....

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
I was an accomplished fiddle player in my youth but then found girls were more interesting than three hours of orchestra practice on a Friday night.;):girl:

Just bagpipes,use to play in a pipe band

rollinstok

I have a very nice home studio if anyone wants to lay a track down. I play acoustic well, electric so-so and keyboards awfully. I quite often warble too ( when oblivious )

OP
OP
PaulB

PaulB

Legendary Member
Well this is getting us precisely nowhere, is it? I wanted committed musicians here if we're ever to crack them charts and all we get is, 'ooh Sir, I used to play, Sir.' or 'I was quite good.' Well where do you think this is going to get us? Hmmm? You boy, yes you at the back with those unwise trousers and the comb-over. Do you think Simon Cowell is rubbing his hands thinking of creating a super-group out of us lot? Do you?

I shall take my banjo prowess elsewhere you ingrates! When the re-mix of 'The Ballad of Jed Clampett' sees young wenches flinging their undergarments at me, perhaps you'll reflect on precisely why you are working on the tills at LIDL or striving to get that second star on your name badge while you perfect the phrase, 'Would you like fries with that, sir?'

Norm

Keyboards and thanks for the offer but I quit the band a few years ago. My son is a pretty good drummer and, strangely, has a keen ear for the uke which he got himself a few months ago.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Well this is getting us precisely nowhere, is it? I wanted committed musicians here if we're ever to crack them charts and all we get is, 'ooh Sir, I used to play, Sir.' or 'I was quite good.' Well where do you think this is going to get us? Hmmm? You boy, yes you at the back with those unwise trousers and the comb-over. Do you think Simon Cowell is rubbing his hands thinking of creating a super-group out of us lot? Do you?

I shall take my banjo prowess elsewhere you ingrates! When the re-mix of 'The Ballad of Jed Clampett' sees young wenches flinging their undergarments at me, perhaps you'll reflect on precisely why you are working on the tills at LIDL or striving to get that second star on your name badge while you perfect the phrase, 'Would you like fries with that, sir?'

Blimey, it didn't take you long to split the band to pursue your own musical career, did it? ;)

Top Bottom